Weak Transmission Signal

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post but I've been lurking here for a while.

Had my P3P for about 6 weeks now and never had any issue whatsoever up until yesterday, I'm getting weak transmission signal on my video feed, control side seems to be fine, but video is stuttering quite a lot even though it's shows full signal on the little icon, also keep getting the red banner stating weak signal. When I switch into photo mode, the picture looks poor on my tablet. I get this from takeoff more or less, I have been out as far as 500 meters, still shows full signal but breaks up a lot - I daren't try to go further.

When I check the memory card, all photos/videos are clear and don't stutter.

As you can imagine, it's extremely unnerving when the message pops up or I lose my feed, makes me afraid to fly.

I have a completely stock bird, using an iPad Air 2.

It appears that there is a new Dji Go app and my iPad auto updated, the problem coincides with this update.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
This is a problem that many people have experienced since the GO app was updated to 2.8.2. DJI are apparently aware of the problem, and are supposedly working on a fix....For a lot of us, it can't come too soon!

( It makes you realise that it might be a good idea to turn off auto updates, and wait for reports of how any new firmware is behaving before jumping in).

Reactions: fantom69
Well that's some good news I guess, I have been blown away at how reliable this AC is, this situation has put a bit of a downer on it for me at the moment.

Come on DJI, get your finger out!

Just curious if you formatted the SD card lately? Another question is; how far away and at what height were you flying? I understand from some people to format the SD card after you download the previous pictures and videos. As well as make sure you have a good amount of altitude the further away you fly. It happened to me once and always format the card when I remove the previous stuff and flew higher than I did when I got the warning. Once I started to do that, I have not seen it again. I was about 7,200 feet away when I got it, and went from 180 to 250 feet and never got it again. (Just what I learned but there are smarter people on here than I about this stuff)

I had the same exact issue. Weak & No transmission signal. Didn't matter if I was 2 feet away or 300'. Formatting card does not help. I even tried factory wiping my iPad Air 2. GoApp 2.8.2 is crap. I used the Charles program to go back to GoApp 2.7.2. Worked perfect. No video drops and screen refreshes.

Hi,

Same problem as you have detailed with the weak signal and stuttering.

I just flew mine, only from the back garden and straight up to get a panoramic sunset video but as i got to 300m the aircraft disconnected and started to land. When it got back to around 250m it reconnected but was still stuttering in the video.

I am getting really nervous about flying now in case I have a flyaway or something else catastrophic.

These things are just too expensive to risk an incident so I guess until DJI sort this out I have a very very expensive paperweight.

Darren.

I was having that problem yesterday so I just landed and restarted my phone (note 4) and everything was fine after that. It was the first time it happened in like 6 weeks of having my p3a...and it was really really stuttery...like 1 frame every 5 seconds. Worked fine after I restarted.

Hi,

Same problem as you have detailed with the weak signal and stuttering.

I just flew mine, only from the back garden and straight up to get a panoramic sunset video but as i got to 300m the aircraft disconnected and started to land. When it got back to around 250m it reconnected but was still stuttering in the video.

I am getting really nervous about flying now in case I have a flyaway or something else catastrophic.

These things are just too expensive to risk an incident so I guess until DJI sort this out I have a very very expensive paperweight.

Darren.
If you fly straight above you, you are very likely to get transmission/video errors. When you fly above yourself, ensure that your antennas are positioned horisontally so that the flat sides, and not the points, are aimed at your quad.

Also you might try going to a different channel for the remote. By default it's on Auto and supposedly it chooses channel with least interference from 1-20. I am not on latest firmware or software. Stopped doing the auto updates a while back.
Usually it's fine but lately I'm having same issues. I switched to Manual mode for the remote and chose channel 20 and it's better. Not infallible, but better.
But you have to look at the channel graph and pick the shortest bar- least interference for your area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same exact issue. Weak & No transmission signal. Didn't matter if I was 2 feet away or 300'. Formatting card does not help. I even tried factory wiping my iPad Air 2. GoApp 2.8.2 is crap. I used the Charles program to go back to GoApp 2.7.2. Worked perfect. No video drops and screen refreshes.
any chance you could post a video that shows exactly how to do this on a actual ipad, I looked at the youtube video and cant make heads or tails out of it

Keep in mind a weak or loss of video signal on your device has little to no effect on control of the bird or the videos you take. At least not since this new app update that is. I had weak video signal AND glitchy photos and video on the SD card yesterday after updating to the new iOS GonApp. Coincidence?

Keep in mind a weak or loss of video signal on your device has little to no effect on control of the bird or the videos you take. At least not since this new app update that is. I had weak video signal AND glitchy photos and video on the SD card yesterday after updating to the new iOS GonApp. Coincidence?
No coincidence. Your signal is just gon.

:rolleyes:

;)

I don't know this - but IMO, it's possible that updates now reset the settings you had in your previous version, to the defaults. I do know that mine changed when I went to 2.8.1.

any chance you could post a video that shows exactly how to do this on a actual ipad, I looked at the youtube video and cant make heads or tails out of it

I followed this to go from Goapp 2.8.2 to 2.7.2 It's been flawless for the last 3 days. I was get getting weak/no signal transmission errors with the video every 10 seconds. Didn't matter if I was 2' or 300'. Custom channels did not help. Reinstalling did not help.

I had to stop/replay the video several times to figure it out but i guarantee it does work. He downloads a different program from itunes. You will just substitute it with the GoApp.

How to download older versions of iOS apps

This is the one for 2.7.2 <integer>816962519</integer>

Last edited:
Reactions: Lefty63
I have 2.8.1 and get great distance but some glitches. Realized i had 2.6 on itunes...downgraded...less glitches and even more distance...weird.
P3P with air 2 and latest f/w on everything. The only thing old is goapp..2.6

8efd942a8a4a3d3b5bbf790fdd8a9591.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay, I updated to 2.8.3 and took it out for a test flight, normal service appears to have been resumed. I didn't go any further than LOS but had no dropouts and felt confident I could go further.

I'd have to say that dji responded to this issue quite quickly and got it resolved.

Thanks all!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31