Weak Transmission Signal, not constantly

Reaction score
Hey all

Recently was out flying trying to check my max range. So the problem is, sometimes for example around 600meters away from RC, it would show weak video transmission warning.
I usually stop at that moment, move it a bit right or left until i get good signal again and move on like this.
This happens couple of times during a flight. At the end i reached 2.2km.

The questions i have are

Is it normal if it does it in the open field with a little interference around?

Would channel 32 hack fix this issue?

P.S. Antennas are positioned correctly.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having similar issues. I' not sure if it is a result of DJI Go app v3.0 or not?
I have swapped SD cards as per suggestions still happens randomly.

Do you think a 70%-50% battery on the TX would cause this?

I just charged it up last night I will check it over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue .I get the warning at 400m some times 800m other times and when I turn back it will sometimes continue until the AC is 200m away . I have tried tilting the controller up and bad to see if I can improve the signal but that doesn't seem to change anything .

I get that when flying away from my house. I've flown in other areas and it seems to fly just fine. My guess is it's just the environment.

I am having similar issues. I' not sure if it is a result of DJI Go app v3.0 or not?
I have swapped SD cards as per suggestions still happens randomly.

Do you think a 70%-50% battery on the TX would cause this?

I just charged it up last night I will check it over the weekend.

With a fully charged TX and a new cable I managed to get 1.4 KM's at 80M of altitude before seeing the weak image transmission signal. I was flying over farm fields with what I would suspect, limited interference.

I believe this issue started happening after either the upgrade of IOS 10 or DJI GO App 3.0.0.

Are others seeing similar issues?

App - 3.0.0
AC - 1.9.60
TX - 1.6.0
IOS 10.0.2 on iPad mini

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got home from Iceland and haven't flown yet with app v3.0.0 (which I just opened and see it looks different). However, while I was in Greenland I was easily able to fly out to 3-4 kms off the coast and around icebergs without issue. After iOS 10 upgrade, and heading to Iceland, I had issues just flying a few hundred meters away, even straight up near waterfalls. I'm not sure what app version I had then though.

Right now, aircraft v1.8.80, remote v1.6.0. I can't recall when the issue started, but very close to the iOS 10 update. Even with the clip-on booster/reflector I wasn't able to fly as I used to.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Same thing happens to my P3A, and after lots of tests with antenna positions...I finally sent it back to DJI and they cannot seem to understand what is wrong with it, but they acknowledge a problem. We'll see what they say!

I guess it's about the environement mostly. Cause with the same drone recently i did my record, 4 Kilometers, but in an open wide field. Which means the place i was talking about in the original post, probably had some interference in it.

Reactions: Lefty63
I fly two different P3P's. When I leave from my house, I get the weak transmission signal at the same spots for both birds. When I fly in other areas, it's different for each bird. One is a refurb unit, the other brand new. Both are running the same FW in the AC and RC. I use the same ipad mini for the two of them. At first I thought there was something wrong with the P3P's, but I've since realized it's just the environment near my house.

I have the same issue at the 450 to 600 meter distance. It has caused the Go app to lock up and the bird to start to return on its own.
I've tried changing the memory card for another but still have the same problem.
I have again flown out to that point and stopped so it can automatically change channels and will go ok for a bit further but will start to drop out again.
I'm a little confused at what is causing this as i have a good line of site and works perfectly just before it starts to drop out.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey all

Recently was out flying trying to check my max range. So the problem is, sometimes for example around 600meters away from RC, it would show weak video transmission warning.
I usually stop at that moment, move it a bit right or left until i get good signal again and move on like this.
This happens couple of times during a flight. At the end i reached 2.2km.

The questions i have are

Is it normal if it does it in the open field with a little interference around?

Would channel 32 hack fix this issue?

P.S. Antennas are positioned correctly.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

The 32 channel mod would make a big difference and be beneficial. You also want to increase altitude anytime your signal drops. The higher you go, the further you will travel.

Make sure to have a fully charged battery before going on any distance flights. Btw, if you add the 32 channel mod and fly with it manually set on channel 32, and fly higher at say 400-600ft, plus add a WindSurfer mod it will make a huge difference in overall performance. The one piece windsurfer that mounts behind both antennas is the better option. And those with aluminum tape is all that is necessary as the solid aluminum or copper are just a waste of money.

Last edited:
The one piece windsurfer that mounts behind both antennas is the better option. And those with aluminum tape is all that is necessary as the solid aluminum or copper are just a waste of money.
What's difference between the copper and solid aluminum vs. the aluminum tape? I just bought a set with the copper, but haven't had a chance to test them.

Ok. I deleted the DJI GO app version 3.0.0 and reinstalled. My weak image transmission error is gone. Well I got the message at just over 2KM's which I am fine with.

However I lost all my previous flight data. Anyone know how to get it back?

Ok. I deleted the DJI GO app version 3.0.0 and reinstalled. My weak image transmission error is gone. Well I got the message at just over 2KM's which I am fine with.

However I lost all my previous flight data. Anyone know how to get it back?

Did you sync the flights before you deleted the app? If so, just sync again now and the flights will be restored.

Reactions: JoBe and Walkers13
Did you sync the flights before you deleted the app? If so, just sync again now and the flights will be restored.

Yes I did and I sync'd again. All logs are back. Awesome! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oso
What's difference between the copper and solid aluminum vs. the aluminum tape? I just bought a set with the copper, but haven't had a chance to test them.
Weight and appearance. The performance is the same from post that I have seen.

Reactions: Lefty63
Can i know how far your phantom 3 advance can fly with standard antenna? Mine can fly only in range 400m before image signal lost..They said p3a can fly over 3-5km. I want that range too..... it is related to firmware version?

Attachments

• 14650123_10207301982648094_8132967281126685018_n.jpg
    14650123_10207301982648094_8132967281126685018_n.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 322

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik