Weak signal

Reaction score
I've just updated to the new firmware after not using my drone for about 6 weeks flew today and I got a message saying weak transmitter signal it was only about 200 ft from me in an open field in then said aircraft disconnected then did a rth any ideas it's been great upto now! I updated the batteries too

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've just updated to the new firmware after not using my drone for about 6 weeks flew today and I got a message saying weak transmitter signal it was only about 200 ft from me in an open field in then said aircraft disconnected then did a rth any ideas it's been great upto now! I updated the batteries too

Try flying again in the same location to see if it repeats the same issue. If it does, try flying a few hundred meters from there and see if it has the same problem. I had this issue in one spot in an area I'd flown in many times; moved 25m and no problems....

Ok thanks I'll try again later today same as I've flown here mostly all my flights.

Just tried again with a different battery in a different location middle of a field arse end of nowhere and same result. I was underneath it about 200ft up and weak controller signal then aircraft disconnected!! Could it be the update I did but if so more would have the same issue?? If it's created a fault is it covered from where I bought it or Dji it's only 7 months old with 8 hours flight time so frustrating I have a private party I need to film end of September

Just tried again with a different battery in a different location middle of a field arse end of nowhere and same result. I was underneath it about 200ft up and weak controller signal then aircraft disconnected!! Could it be the update I did but if so more would have the same issue?? If it's created a fault is it covered from where I bought it or Dji it's only 7 months old with 8 hours flight time so frustrating I have a private party I need to film end of September

You were underneath it? We're the aerials horizontal? What FW are you running on the controller and AC? Have you completed a calibration of the IMU/Compass etc.?

I noticed more and more starting to post saying their range is less and slower. A couple loaded old firmware back in the A/C and said all returned to normal.

I had the ariels as per the instructions slight angled what does fw and ac mean sorry

Ok I've just downgraded to 1.8.80 so will try again tomorrow and see if it returns to normal!!

I had the ariels as per the instructions slight angled what does fw and ac mean sorry

FW= Firmware
A/C= Aircraft
R/C= Remote Controller

Just tested and same issue so presuming not a firmware problem. Do I go to dji or back to the seller as its 7 months old?

Reactions: dmaxdrone
Hmmm... Last couple of things to try....
  1. Do a full calibration of the IMU. Id've thought that shouldn't make any difference to the range, but worth a shot anyway?
  2. Do you know anyone else locally with a Phantom 3? If so, I suggest you link their R/C to your A/C and see if it flies OK? If it does, that'd narrow it down to an R/C fault, which should be repaired/replaced under warranty.
Good luck once again!

This is how you are supposed to have them:

dji-transmission-range-jpg.18160

Yes thanks I tried that spoke to dji today and it's going in for investigation and fix will keep you updated!

Apparently it was the controller which had developed a fault they are supplying a new one and will be delivered back to me tomorrow very happy with the service!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj