Weak signal

Reaction score
When i start flying my DJI phantom 3 standard everything is fine, then within a couple of minutes I'm getting a "weak controller signal warning".....and/or......a weak camera/video warning, I'm flying the phantom in close proximity and fully charged batteries, but this usually comes up when the controller loses the first green light, but there's 3 green lights still on.
Anybody had this problem......I'm thinking of trying one of those parabolic aerial boosters, has anyone tried them and if so are they any good.
Any help or advice appreciated.

I might suggest you upload you last flights data file to the link below. I don't recall off the top of my head if a Standard reports the signal strength, but if so, we could take a look and see how apparently "weak" this signal is and go from there. Instructions are included in the link. When or if, you upload this, place a link back here to that and we can take a look.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Reactions: Aviatorwrx
I might suggest you upload you last flights data file to the link below. I don't recall off the top of my head if a Standard reports the signal strength, but if so, we could take a look and see how apparently "weak" this signal is and go from there. Instructions are included in the link. When or if, you upload this, place a link back here to that and we can take a look.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
Hi, I'm quite new to this drone so I'll check and upload the data tomorrow.
Thanks for your response.

DJI Flight Log Viewer
The airdata.com site reports signal strength for my P3S.

The airdata.com site reports signal strength for my P3S.
Wasn't certain the OP used Airdata, but as a last resort it is useful as long as one makes a link fully sharable for the full download of the .csv data. I do have an Airdata account but personally I find it barely usable. It will give you overviews but not much more unless you have the full data package. Agreed on the signal strength, if it is in the uploaded data. These files vary with firmware vs aircraft so there are inconsistency's, with the data decodes.

I've sorted the weak video signal by installing the "Magic power mod v5."
Had to turn firewall off to allow the computer to connect to the P3s, but it
all went in nice and easy and now the status is all normal.
I've also bought a parabolic aerial booster to boost the signal range, just waiting for it to arrive, later today. I will give it a proper test this afternoon and report back here with findings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl