Weak Signal P3 won't leave home !

Reaction score
Hi ,I have searched and found many posts on transmission problems but not a lot of solutions.

I have a P3S Out of the box the best I could get was 280m range (should have sent it back right then) After fitting a DBS booster that increased to 500-650m .After posting about the problem we tried relinking etc. then final replace the u.fl to RP-SMA lead to the 5.8hz transmitter as suggested .All this was done very carefully.

Now we have a range of 5m and although the home point is updated by the AC the H icon is dull and does nothing when pressed .I bought another stock controller on Ebay (I know there is no guarantees with a used one) but after linking it to the AC the range is the same .Could the problem be in the AC ? From what I have read it is almost always the transmitter .The video link seems fine it’s just the control link that’s very weak. Any help would be appreciated.Also I did re cache the map after this photo just to see if it made a difference.

I must say I have learned a lot since getting a Phantom unfortunately mostly sitting at a computer rather than actually flying the rotten thing.(9 flights!)
Screenshot_2016-06-25-16-02-48.png

Were your motors running when you took that screenshot? If so, that would explain why you're seeing the icon to land instead of the icon to auto takeoff.

The motors were no running I have not been game enough to to take of with such a weak signal I only have to move the controller slightly way at 5-7 m to lose signal and that's with the stock controller or the DBS mounted one

Sounds like we have another one... [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The motors were no running I have not been game enough to to take of with such a weak signal I only have to move the controller slightly way at 5-7 m to lose signal and that's with the stock controller or the DBS mounted one
I remember you now.
This project is still on hold?
Litchi question

What Mr. Dry (humor) failed to add, was is connection to what appears to be your problem also, now that you tested with another controller it does seem the same.
:(

Terrible signal performance

Rod

Well I could try a mission I suppose .id have to start the mission before it got more than 5 metres from me though .I should not have touched anything when we were getting 600-700 m with the DBS just didn't know that was the best I'd get .Still 5meter range keeps you on your toes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20