Done a rc linked

I have a p3a
I turn on the drone then turn on the control with the samsung tablet

It takes about 5 min for the controler to
Get a green light to fly from the drone

Now i fly ut up to about 50mtrs and thefly in a strate line out to about 800mtr
Then get a weak rc signal and then loss signal all together
Now the drone returns to home
But on its return trip i dont have any signal then the drone lands and powers down about 5 min goes by i turn of the controler turn it back on wait 3 or so min and the get a green light to fly

Can anyone help me because i am lost with what to do next

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Urban area, trees and wifi will make your flying distance not very far. In my area I can fly about 800-1000 meters with my pro. Get a windsurfer antenna booster and you should be able to almost double your distance.

Urban area, trees and wifi will make your flying distance not very far. In my area I can fly about 800-1000 meters with my pro. Get a windsurfer antenna booster and you should be able to almost double your distance.

If you read my post at the start i clearly state
500km to the nearest person (house )
Or wifi

It dosnt help with why it takes so long for the drone and controler to conect and turn green for flight

Now i fly ut up to about 50mtrs and thefly in a strate line out to about 800mtr

Have you confirmed your antennae's are properly positioned and in working good condition (no cracks or loose)......and that antenna wires on the P3A are connected and in good condition?
That alone seems to be the biggest reason for poor or lost signal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The proper power up sequence of radio controller being turned on first, then the drone, app last, should always be followed.
But, If your Phantom is really taking that long to warm up, (5 minutes is crazy long) you may want to recalibrate your IMU when the drone has been chilled down. Set it outside in the evening, or infront of a cold air conditioner. Then have the Go app up and ready on the IMU calibration page, so as soon as you plug in the battery pack, and turn on the drone, after the initial start up, and the gimbal stops it's motion, start the IMU calibration process.
A cold IMU calibration has helped many of us reduce that initial warm-up time drastically. When I turn on my RC and power up the drone, by the time I get the app running, it's only a momentary wait, before I get the green light to fly. Home Point has been recognized and recorded, It actually takes longer to connect to 18 satalites than the warm up time.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: hugedog897
It dosnt help with why it takes so long for the drone and controler to conect and turn green for flight

I noticed you have done an IMU calibration..........might be worth re-doing it even a couple of more times.......that's if the DJI Go is showing (aircraft/imu warming up). If it is a matter of taking that long for satellite reception - GPS lock for "safe to fly" ........ possibly the location you are in (even though as you stated it was a clear area). Sometimes its a matter of moving just 3 feet away and you get a faster lock.

Cold IMU calibration is worth the extra time involved to do - cold or at least relative temp to the temps you are flying in and most important on a level surface.

Good luck.....

Reactions: hugedog897
Did any one replace antenna for your P3?

This looks like a case of mismatched antenna or missing antenna.

I'll sometimes get a weak RC signal warning if I take it straight up to 400' directly overhead, but otherwise I've never had an issue to date. Sometimes upon start-up I'll get the weak RC signal warning even if the controller and the drone are just a few feet apart. A reboot of the drone/controller fixes this.

I'll sometimes get a weak RC signal warning if I take it straight up to 400' directly overhead, but otherwise I've never had an issue to date. Sometimes upon start-up I'll get the weak RC signal warning even if the controller and the drone are just a few feet apart. A reboot of the drone/controller fixes this.
You will not get that weak signals if you orient RC antennas.

Have you confirmed your antennae's are properly positioned and in working good condition (no cracks or loose)......and that antenna wires on the P3A are connected and in good condition?
That alone seems to be the biggest reason for poor or lost signal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Not sure if there is conection issues
But i do the same as the video

Did any one replace antenna for your P3?

This looks like a case of mismatched antenna or missing antenna.
No have not replaced any antennas
But thinking for buying a upgrade kit if this dosnt sort its self out soon

Is there a way of adding a external antenna to the drone for better reception

Now the drone returns to home
But on its return trip i dont have any signal then the drone lands and powers down about 5 min goes by i turn of the controler turn it back on wait 3 or so min and the get a green light to fly

Can anyone help me because i am lost with what to do next

Losing the signal at 800M is one thing. But if the drone doesn't regain signal even as it gets closer to you there sounds to be some other issue. You're not turning off the rc, are you?

If it were me I would open the shell and check the antenna connection on the board only takes a few minutes
For doing this, you will have to remove VPS board first.

Losing the signal at 800M is one thing. But if the drone doesn't regain signal even as it gets closer to you there sounds to be some other issue. You're not turning off the rc, are you?
No not turning of my rc

I watched on youtube the dbs mod for my quad last night that extends the range
And i seen the towards the end of the video the guy cuts the rc anteena in half and cuts the 2.5ghz wire of only uses the 5.4 ghz and talks about a slave controler does anyone know what he is talking about

Ok did the latest update
4/7/16 on the drone and rc
And all fixed now
Went for a fly
Got 1200mtr and 250mtr high
No signal loss
And its a very congested area with bulk wifi and homes so very happy

Ok so the new dbs antenna is installed all updates as done imu done and took it for a fly around the neighborhood got 2.6km

Extremely happy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic