Weak rc signal

Reaction score
I just bought a phantom 3 standard but seem to have a problem with the signal. It has full signal when nearby but I cannot get it to go more than 50 meters away before it has weak and then no signal. Any thoughts? I feel it should go a lot further than that in the open.

Is your antenna positioned properly (see the video below)? The flat side of the antenna should point at your Phantom at all times. Also, make sure there aren't any objects (e.g. trees, buildings) between you and your Phantom.

Yes I have the antenna facing the drone correctly and I tested it going straight up and couldn't go more than 60 meters before it returned home. And I set the maximum altitude to 500 meters so i know it is not that. Could it be a faulty controller or drone? How far should it be able to go?

Does the same thing happen if fly straight out away from where you're standing?

Your Phantom should be able to reach about 1,000m (500m CE). When in beginner mode, you'll only be able to go 30m. You've reached 50m, so that shouldn't be causing the issue. And, you won't lose the remote controller signal when hitting that 30m limit.

Here are some other things to try:
  • Make sure you're running the latest version of DJI GO and you have the latest firmware installed on your Phantom and remote controller.
  • Make sure you don't have any electronic devices on you (other than your remote controller & mobile device).
  • Try flying in a different location. Perhaps there is a lot of interference where you're flying.

Your Phantom should be able to reach about 1,000m (500m CE). When in beginner mode, you'll only be able to go 30m. You've reached 50m, so that shouldn't be causing the issue. And, you won't lose the remote controller signal when hitting that 30m limit.

Here are some other things to try:
  • Make sure you're running the latest version of DJI GO and you have the latest firmware installed on your Phantom and remote controller.
  • Make sure you don't have any electronic devices on you (other than your remote controller & mobile device).
  • Try flying in a different location. Perhaps there is a lot of interference where you're flying.
Hello, How Can I update firmware in my radio? I have P3S. I can't find what version i have in Remote Control. 2015-12-03 15.41.53.png

I've got the same problem it's like a 50m bubble, everything is up to date, antenna facing not pointing at it. When I first got my P3S it was fine 120m up and 500m out and have tried different locations but also notice I'm only picking up 9 satellites instead of 11 to15 when I first started flying, but surely that wouldn't cause a weak then lose of signal and then RTH.

Many posts about this exact issue. All I can tell you is that DJI now claims to be aware of the problem and is working on a fix. Be patient.

I've got the same problem it's like a 50m bubble, everything is up to date, antenna facing not pointing at it. When I first got my P3S it was fine 120m up and 500m out and have tried different locations but also notice I'm only picking up 9 satellites instead of 11 to15 when I first started flying, but surely that wouldn't cause a weak then lose of signal and then RTH.
Many posts about this exact issue. All I can tell you is that DJI now claims to be aware of the problem and is working on a fix. Be patient.
Today ive got dji answer.

"Hello Sir,

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
I am afraid that we might need it here. Please, contact your dealer and ask for a warranty service. They will assist you in sending the item here. The process takes currently form 15 to 20 working days as of the item is received here.
Thank you for your kind understanding."

Today I contact with dealer dji in my city and they send to service. :((

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20