weak image transmission signal...

Reaction score
So there are so many posts regarding this issue it seems ridiculous to even post it. Sadly I feel that I have no choice at this point as I have now dealt with DJI by phone and by online chat and spent the day reading forums and attempting various fixes.

Here's the situation:

Just got the phantom 4, have had the phantom 2 for quite some time and have had no issues to speak of. Anyhow, I lose video signal at about 2 meters, yes 2. I have used an ipad mini, an iphone 6 and a galaxy S5 to no avail. Even bought and tried the Litchi app ($25...) hoping that would provide me with some answers. I did upgrade the firmware when I first unboxed it as I was prompted to do so. Anyone else having an issue since that update?

It flies fine other than that. I'm lost, I thank you for any and all insight you may have.

~

Going to downgrade the firmware, will let you know the outcome shortly... Still welcome and thank you for any and all insight.

~

So using the DJI assistant 2 I downgraded to I believe 1.01.03 (think that's what it was...) and also tried 1.01.04 (once again this is from memory, there are only three firmware patches available...) and no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you

~

So using the DJI assistant 2 I downgraded to I believe 1.01.03 (think that's what it was...) and also tried 1.01.04 (once again this is from memory, there are only three firmware patches available...) and no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you

~

I have the issues. When I fly my P4 almost 200 Mtrs then no image on my dji go app. When RTH was on progressing, there is no sound at all. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wish I could help but sadly I ended up returning mine for another which I have had no issues with. I tried for a solid full day and into the night hunting for answers and trying various things but nothing worked and the fellow laughed when I called him to ask what he found. He said "this thing loses signal like a foot away, it's defective" and the rest so far is history. Glad I purchased it through a reputable company with solid support (b&h/gradus).

~

I had the same problem. Ended up turning Wifi OFF on the device connected to the remote. Prob had nothing to do with the problem. Solar Flares are to blame. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had this issue today and didn't figure it out at first.
I hooked up everything and was getting ready to fly. My father also has a phantom 4. He turned his on and turned on his remote and tablet.
He was having some issues with his (unrelated as you'll soon read) as well.
I was looking at the Image Transmitting Settings in the DJI 4 Go app and was seeing a lot of noise (unstable interference).
My dad finally figured out his issue was that he forgot to plug the tablet into the remote. After he corrected that, there was less noise and my issue was resolved.
So, for me anyways, it seemed to be an issue of a remote and phantom turned on and sending out signals searching for a pairing and was causing my remote issues trying to sort it out.

I have a newly purchased P4. I get screen going half black & recovering to a totally "frozen up screen". This occurs maybe 150m from me. Never had any of these issues with my P3A. If screen freezes up cannot be rectified unless a complete shutdown of the APP on my Nexus 7 (2013). This is totally scary. Thank goodness I can activate RTH or read the Height ,distance on the screen. Its only the image that effected. Sending back is not really a financially good option from OZ. Any ideas???

I have a newly purchased P4. I get screen going half black & recovering to a totally "frozen up screen". This occurs maybe 150m from me. Never had any of these issues with my P3A. If screen freezes up cannot be rectified unless a complete shutdown of the APP on my Nexus 7 (2013). This is totally scary. Thank goodness I can activate RTH or read the Height ,distance on the screen. Its only the image that effected. Sending back is not really a financially good option from OZ. Any ideas???
Just idea because this fix my p4,,,USB and SD card,,no problems since,,,,also check your transmission channels and mine was new too

I think you may be right on this. Have been watching You Tube reviews on the issue. Can you suggest or take a picture of exactly what SD card I should be using in place of the one that came with the P4.

I think you may be right on this. Have been watching You Tube reviews on the issue. Can you suggest or take a picture of exactly what SD card I should be using in place of the one that came with the P4.
1493895794537-386179116.jpg
I been using these SanDisk,,good cards..probably bit over kill here,,even 32gb is heaps

Thanks for that info. Pricey. But if its going to fix the issue it has to be done.
Been cheaper ones this was from Noel lemming so was expensive,,should get good one for,,30 to 50 bucks maybe less,,,:) some talk about sd cards being a bit sick,,,probably cheap imports that only work once or twice,,,all the best of luck and happy flying,,,,ian

Thanks Ian. Found one on Ebay for $35.50 (SanDisk 16GB Micro SD SDHC Micro SDXC lot EXTREME PRO 4K 95MB/s) Have you ever had any lost transmission issues? my main issue is a frozen / pix-elating screen mid flight. Starts with black thick bands across the screen.

Last edited:
Thanks Ian. Found one on Ebay for $35.50 (SanDisk 16GB Micro SD SDHC Micro SDXC lot EXTREME PRO 4K 95MB/s) Have you ever had any lost transmission issues?
Yip and when it was new,,about 3rd flight it went awall,,,bit of glitching at first the had frozen screen and mid air disconnections while in flight ,,,new usb and SD card it's been good since,,,touch wood,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers