We need to welcome people to our forum!

Reaction score
I've noticed a deficient within this forum. I say this not to be harsh, but to improve the forum.

I didn't get a welcome to this forum. I've been on many forums and this one was lacking in welcoming newcomers. I even commented that I hadn't been welcomed and still no welcome. After 40+ posts, I got a PM welcome. He will be my new best friend.

In the past two days, two people who joined in early December, made posts, but I was the only one who welcomed them. I'm not bragging here, but I'm trying to state that we could all make an effort to be more friendly.

Hey Phantomfanatic,

Nice to see you have survived the initiation and are still here. FOMM

Thanks go out to The Wire Cutter and Victoria for their pics which helped me express myself. :eek: OMG, did I really say that on the web?

Attachments

• PhantomFanatic.jpg
    PhantomFanatic.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 528
PhantomFanatic said:
I've noticed a deficient within this forum. I say this not to be harsh, but to improve the forum.

I didn't get a welcome to this forum. I've been on many forums and this one was lacking in welcoming newcomers. I even commented that I hadn't been welcomed and still no welcome. After 40+ posts, I got a PM welcome. He will be my new best friend.

In the past two days, two people who joined in early December, made posts, but I was the only one who welcomed them. I'm not bragging here, but I'm trying to state that we could all make an effort to be more friendly.
Good idea. I don't often look at the joined date, but I will now when I don't recognize the name.

I also recommend that users put their location in their profile.

Some forum software does 'welcomes' but I think this forums software doesn't. If I see the post and they say they are new here then I have 'welcomed'. But I don't read all posts and I guess many are the same. The number of registered users here is now well into the 5 figures so a new name to me is beyond my brain to recognize at this time of life! Also I just don't have the time to check everyone's profile.

Big +1 on the country/location filling in though.

EDIT: There is 16,820 users

For me I did get a welcome (but needing others affirmation to survive I may have dreamt it), as long as there aren't more than 4-ish replies it all stays pretty amicable really, it's a brave person who continues his/her thread after that even after a warm welcome :)

Just what I've observed. There are prerequisites for survival ie:

I may have done something silly
You will get educated so best to respond cordially with "sorry about that"
-----------------------------------------
My Bird flew away for no reason
Good luck with that one, no one has come out of that dive well
------------------------------------------
Look at my first flight
It's always with trepidation I click on that post, if there's 8 pages it will be an afternoons fun time reading
-----------------------------------------
Can I go into business (well it kinda worked for me)
This advances proceedings to the more passionate forum member and has to be experienced , worth a look at, same as :
--------------------------------------------
Look at my fireworks flight, look at me on the beach etc, but not to be confused with the above "Look at my first flight"
These posts are open slather where everyone who feels right will voice their thoughts.

Yet this place is all cuddly compared to a drummers forum, those guys are...

I'm on three forums and the other two gave me a welcome and I'm sure this one did after signing up, so that's all 3

Oh, a troll, I'd never heard of that before coming here, I've been called one once, I think it's a bad thing but it looks like everyone at one time gets called this creature so it must be a good thing, part of the club, fitting in (smile here)
It means someone noticed you so feel flattered.

Lastly I have two Phantom 2's, (well they do belong to a business so not actually mine) I've not crashed them in the months of flying for them and because of this forum I am becoming educated, some of us need it, being born stupid hasn't helped a bit.

Sorry for going off topic but it did lend itself to lead on to more.

Thanks for the kind comments and suggestions. I, too, neglected to enter my location, until I saw a comment by SteveMann. Although software could do the job and there is nothing wrong with that idea, but a 'human' welcome means more.

I agree, after Christmas, there will be a flood. Since we all can!t read every post, we will have to work together to welcome them all. I thank you all for the supportive comments.

Looking back I see I was not welcomed but told to read the forum for answers to my questions. Well, OK, so I did.
I know I have welcomed several over those last seven months.
With so many wanting location listed, I don't understand why Adam does not fix that problem. :?:

Welcome to everyone :mrgreen: I think it is a great idea. On another forum I am on for my motorcycle, we always made the new people feel welcomed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.