We Need Some Sanity...

Hence DJIs attempts to prevent your phantom straying into airspace for aircraft.

There really is no limits to the stupidity of some people and they need to be found and have their bollocks removed with very rusty impliments ! As I have already mentioned elsewhere in another similar story, its the pathetic thick and brainless minority who will have legislators rubbing their hands at new draconian measures which wont affect the idiots as they have no means of comprehending the meaning of it all.......but it will effect the vast majority who fly responsibly.

:roll:

It doesn't help matters when media starts substituting apples with marshmallows when they casually post file photos of "drones" (multirotors) that typically can't fly higher than a couple thousand feet, with incidents that are obviously involving military UAVs flying at airliner cruising altitudes.

When CNN was reporting this earlier they had an A.R. drone sitting on the desk next to the reporters as if it was somehow synonymous or in any way even remotely relted to this incident. We will be regulated into oblivion due in part to the stupidity of the media, combined with the the stupidity of our very own brethren trying to prove how high they can fly. Start following the law by staying under 400 feet and outside controlled airspace, or one of you is going to kill this hobby along with a lot of other people. The FAA is chomping at the bit to shut us all down, and the media is too uninformed to make proper disticntiins when bad things happen, so don't give them any more ammunition.

We get that all the time with fireworks m8, media calls them bombs etc......sadly the people reporting these incidents go for the headlines and without much research into what they are talking about !

varmint said:
Start following the law by staying under 400 feet

There is no such law in the US.

USA Today did some sloppy reporting and editing there. The Tallahassee incident did not involve a multirotor. It as an RC plane.

The incident occurred at approximately 2300 feet, according to the article, and near an airport. It was within the ceiling of the Phantom, right?

pyrophantom said:
Hence DJIs attempts to prevent your phantom straying into airspace for aircraft.

There really is no limits to the stupidity of some people and they need to be found and have their bollocks removed with very rusty impliments ! As I have already mentioned elsewhere in another similar story, its the pathetic thick and brainless minority who will have legislators rubbing their hands at new draconian measures which wont affect the idiots as they have no means of comprehending the meaning of it all.......but it will effect the vast majority who fly responsibly.

:roll:

Couldnt agree more. The first day I got my phantom I flew her as far up as she could go and I thought I was the dogs bollox. I was amazed. 4 months later I cringe at what a ****** I was. Dont get me wrong, I'm anti establishment and give 2 fingers up to restrictions placed on me but thinking I could take down a plane, news or media chopper, cause a car crash and be the cause of a fellow human losing their life because of my thrill seeking is just bang out of order. If I want to get a hideous tattoo or jump out of a plane and hope a parachute saves my ugly ***, well its only me at danger but to possibly put other peoples lives at risk is not my call. Remember what the phantom series is and was marketed as.... "your flying camera" not a military drone that can fly 4km. It wont be long until dji only release lower end products like ours with a 300' x 300' flight limit and unfortunately they will be right to do so. I wont like it but I'll agree with it. Just wait till the first phantom carrying c4 explodes from 4km away happens and see what your rights on free flying will be. There may be no US laws at the moment about flying but there is such thing as common sense, or failing that they'll get you on reckless endangerment. Your choice :)

varmint said:
It doesn't help matters when media starts substituting apples with marshmallows when they casually post file photos of "drones" (multirotors) that typically can't fly higher than a couple thousand feet, with incidents that are obviously involving military UAVs flying at airliner cruising altitudes.

When CNN was reporting this earlier they had an A.R. drone sitting on the desk next to the reporters as if it was somehow synonymous or in any way even remotely relted to this incident. We will be regulated into oblivion due in part to the stupidity of the media, combined with the the stupidity of our very own brethren trying to prove how high they can fly. Start following the law by staying under 400 feet and outside controlled airspace, or one of you is going to kill this hobby along with a lot of other people. The FAA is chomping at the bit to shut us all down, and the media is too uninformed to make proper disticntiins when bad things happen, so don't give them any more ammunition.

Funny how the media in their attempts to be "first to report" can't get their stories straight. This has to be 3rd or 4th seperate report I've seen and all use a different consumer drone as their lead in pic. NBC reported tonight that it was a military UAV launched from a base south of Tampa.

I agree with staying under 400 ft and away from controlled airspace. Maybe it's time to start some kind of "quad organization" or at least lay out a basic code of ethics before the FAA or gov't hammers us w/license or permits. Just a thought...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic