Waypoints without making turns

Reaction score
Hello,

is it possible to let the DJI Phantom 2 or an Evo S800 with A2
fly towards waypoints on the groundstation autonomously by approaching the waypoints without making any turns?

I think this would be refered to as an Course Lock mode in the IOC Funktion.

I want this because the additonal turns the Datalink software does so far seems to add inaccuracy when approaching a waypoint.

Sample Picture on Page 34, 3rd row "CL":

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .18_en.pdf

maxmustermann282 said:
Hello,

is it possible to let the DJI Phantom 2 or an Evo S800 with A2
fly towards waypoints on the groundstation autonomously by approaching the waypoints without making any turns?

I think this would be refered to as an Course Lock mode in the IOC Funktion.

I want this because the additonal turns the Datalink software does so far seems to add inaccuracy when approaching a waypoint.

Sample Picture on Page 34, 3rd row "CL":

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .18_en.pdf

Unfortunately - the way GS works is that the Phantom eventually has to turn towards the waypoint and fly head on to it. We would all love to get a feature where you can set the camera focus point and have the Phantom 2 fly with a fixed camera point - but that's not the way it currently works for automated flight.

In the app, you have four choices.
One of those is "none".
Try it and see if that's what you want.

grr i dont have any apple devices, only android.

Question: are the Groundstation 2.4 Ghz Ipad Datalink that are sold the very same as the PC version?
Apparently they are both the same devices, you just download another software for your pc / ipad, correct?

maxmustermann282 said:
Question: are the Groundstation 2.4 Ghz Ipad Datalink that are sold the very same as the PC version?
Apparently they are both the same devices, you just download another software for your pc / ipad, correct?

Correct, same Data Link hardware, you can connect to it with iPad (via BTU) or PC (via USB).

maxmustermann282 said:
grr i dont have any apple devices, only android.

LOL well can't fix taste :) :lol:

JK - good luck with the PC hook up - let us know how it goes.

I'm interested in adding the ipad ground station capability to my vision 2 plus and was wondering the same thing. I'd love to have a single focal point (say a baseball field) and then program way points so the camera is pointed at a focal point the entire time.

Is it hard to add the ipad ground station (bluthooth datalink) so the V2+?

You could use one of the templates on GS, position it over your point of interest then set each waypoint to 'stop and turn', you can then set the heading of the Phantom at each point to face your point of interest for however long you desire. It's not ideal but it's about the closest you will get at the moment.

The ability to not be able to look at a target is annoying, I posted about this a while back and did a mock up of how it could be done with the interface, of course programming it prob isnt trivial..

I think if you could lock the camera on to a object things would be less complicated when conducting single person operation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj