Waypoints issue - maybe

Reaction score
first test early this morning of waypoints using p2v.

first two missions went great, did what I asked and returned home.

Last mission aircraft was about 800 feet away, when I noticed the range extender battery light on red, so I hit return home on the app and it started making its way back, during which time the battery had gone on the range extender. At about 40 feet ish above home point

I fliped the switch on controller as per the manual but it would not let me regain control of the aircraft, tried a few times before it made a auto landing without any issues.

so - if the range extender power goes , although you should be able to regain control on a return to home, it didnt happen.

Any Ideas - Have I misunderstood the manual ?

If your wifi RE is low on battery, it maynot "reconnect" unless VERY close, perhaps not at all. RTH would automatically initiate at that point.

Suggest a 14,000 mAh battery backup to power devices when battery charge might be an issue

I bought one from RAV Power on Amazon for $39.00..well worth the price, it can charge 2 devices at once. It can charge an iphone up to 6 times before needing recharging.

I have mine velcro'd to the bottom of my RE.
7na3.jpg

The way it was described to me... the Vision app does not need to be connected during the waypointing mission. Once the mission is programmed via the app, the waypoints are all stored on the copter itself, and it's more or less autonomous at that point. So, even though your repeater's battery was running low/out, the P2V would've still completed the mission exactly as designed. No real need to "reconnect".

But, yes, if you're ever in need of regaining control over a waypointing mission (to pause, cancel, etc), you would need the WiFi connection between the app and the bird. And, of course, if you need camera control you'd need the WiFi connection.

Did you try to activate RTH using the hard switches on the controller, rather than via the app? If that doesn't gain immediate control (ie - throwing the RC into RTH mode doesn't trump everything else), then, yeah, I agree... that's a problem.

LOVE the backup power pack, though, RCRookie. That's an awesome solution/safety measure (and one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments)!

Sorry didn't make myself clear, I tried to regain control on rc controller, flipping the switch down to the middle and then back up again into gps mode. And it wouldn't do it. I assume the auto landing was as a result of the return to home request on the app prior to the WiFi battery going. I have the 3rd position on the controller set to failsafe and tried that also to see if I could gain control but nothing.

Good advice about battery supply thing, thanks

eflyer01 said:
Sorry didn't make myself clear, I tried to regain control on rc controller, flipping the switch down to the middle and then back up again into gps mode. And it wouldn't do it. I assume the auto landing was as a result of the return to home request on the app prior to the WiFi battery going. I have the 3rd position on the controller set to failsafe and tried that also to see if I could gain control but nothing.

Good advice about battery supply thing, thanks

You should have regained TX control by flipping the switch down and back up to GPS.
So there are two things going on here...Failure to reconnect TX control in GPS,....and no/poor Wifi connection. Charge all batteries to Maximum and RETEST.

if I'm not mistaken....If wifi is not re-established within 10 seconds, in normal GPS flight mode. It will initiate RTH as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers