Waypoints & iPhone 6 +...

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this question. I have a P2V+ and cannot get the Waypoint feature to work with the iPhone 6+. I know I'm not the only one, because you can read about other people having this problem in the app reviews. Anyone else encountered this? Has anyone heard about them fixing this issue in the very near future?

Works perfectly here, Iphone 6+ 64GB, phantom 2 vision + (v2).
Just remember that you have to load the Google maps before you leave home on your local wifi, or at the flying location, with GPRS (data connection), there for you will have to disconnect the Phantom WIFI.

Jpooner808 said:
I can't set waypoints unless my bird is on.

Is your on?

your bird needs to be on to set waypoints and needs a GPS lock as well, other wise the app doesn't do anything

You can get data while connected to your Phantom's SSID, in case you forget to pre-load your maps.

While connected to the Phantom, go into the iPhone Network settings, and then the SSID.
Instead of DHCP (note the IP Address), go to Static, enter the IP and Subnet mask manually.
Do not enter a Router or DNS address.

This tells the phone that this connection cannot resolve outside addresses, and will then grab your maps over data.
Of course, this also means that any other programs that get push notifications will alert you, so you may want to turn notifications off while flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic