Waypoints in DJIGO4 app? (Phantom 4)

Reaction score
Hey all!!

Ok so I was just out back practicing my figure eights and decided to test out the active track. Well, I couldn't help but notice that there is also an option for waypoints. Are the waypoints in the DJIGO4 app similar to the popular Litchi waypoint missions? What's the difference?

If anyone has used the waypoints in DJIGO4 I would appreciate some insite because I haven't tried it yet and would like to know what to expect. Thanks all in advance!

With Litchi you can plan a waypoint mission before you fly, and then get the Phantom to fly the mission. With the GO app, you have to fly the mission and establish waypoints while you are in the air....then you can repeat the mission after the flight.

With Litchi you can plan a waypoint mission before you fly, and then get the Phantom to fly the mission. With the GO app, you have to fly the mission and establish waypoints while you are in the air....then you can repeat the mission after the flight.

Ohhh ok cool! So then the waypoint missions are saved in the DJIGO4 app in case I decide to fly the same mission another day?

What happens if I send it on a waypoint mission and I'm not near the mission? Would the P4 fly to the starting point and being the mission? Or do I have to be a certain distance from the starting waypoint?

What happens if I send it on a waypoint mission and I'm not near the mission? Would the P4 fly to the starting point and being the mission? Or do I have to be a certain distance from the starting waypoint?
Interesting question. I think it would know it wouldn't have enough battery and wouldn't do it for that reason.

Right now I am anti-GoApp waypoints. I have never had a problem with Litchi and had my first real crash ever today and then when I found it, the people in the house wouldn't let me get it.

I solely use Litchi for flying waypoint missions as it is easier to set up and fly and only use the go app for a couple of settings to make sure it comes back. Just need how to figure out how to delete some of the missions as I'm running out of names for them.

Reactions: glen e
Interesting question. I think it would know it wouldn't have enough battery and wouldn't do it for that reason.

Right now I am anti-GoApp waypoints. I have never had a problem with Litchi and had my first real crash ever today and then when I found it, the people in the house wouldn't let me get it.

I'd love to see what would happen if a waypoint mission was attempted no where near the waypoint.

Sorry you had a crash. Hopefully you get your drone back.

I'd love to see what would happen if a waypoint mission was attempted no where near the waypoint.

You must start the recorded mission at the same elevation if you want the mission elevations to be accurate. The drone considers home launch point as 0 elevation. If you launch from a different home point than originally created, the elevation of the mission will likely be inaccurate.

Last edited:
I solely use Litchi for flying waypoint missions as it is easier to set up and fly and only use the go app for a couple of settings to make sure it comes back. Just need how to figure out how to delete some of the missions as I'm running out of names for them.
Bring up the mission list and swipe left......at least in iOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: tevek
You must start the recorded mission at the same elevation if you want the mission elevations to be accurate. The drone considers home launch point as 0 elevation. If you launch from a different home point than originally created, the elevation of the mission will likely be inaccurate.

Interesting, that makes sense. But what if I'm not near the mission starting point? As an example, if I set up a waypoint mission at the park a few blocks from my house, and then launch the drone from my backyard. Will it fly to the park to complete the mission?? I understand the altitude would have a descrepency but my main question is, would the drone seek out the gps coordinates of waypoint 1 to complete a mission?

Thanks everyone for your input! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj