Waypoints has 500m radius limit --- will ILoveCoffee please hack to make UNLIMITED ??

Reaction score
As expected, the new Waypoints feature in the updated firmware will only allow 500m max. radius from home point. What a friggin' joke!

Does anyone know if ILoveCoffee will hack the app to make it unlimited range like he did with P2 Ground Station?

I will gladly donate $50 to his PayPal account if he can upload the hack by the end of the week!

:p

I just realized this half-hour ago while filying. This is not fun or useful at all. Seriously. It makes the option a toy option. Not something you can seriously use for much of anything, in my opinion.

Okay 3rd party is the way to go but when will they be available?!?!?! More waiting around. It's clear now to DJI is entering the mainstream and they are afraid of lawsuits and liability. Otherwise they would never put such silly limits on the P3P. When it was a hobby there were no limits but now that it's mainstream here they are, protecting us from ourselves.

Okay 3rd party is the way to go but when will they be available?!?!?! More waiting around. It's clear now to DJI is entering the mainstream and they are afraid of lawsuits and liability. Otherwise they would never put such silly limits on the P3P. When it was a hobby there were no limits but now that it's mainstream here they are, protecting us from ourselves.
Shoukdn't be long. Litchi already had this function in alpha and beta testing. I suspect the ios 3rd party app did, too. Just need to give them time to update apps to work with today's firmware release and allow some testing. If prior experience is any indicator, the wait will more likely be measured in days rather than weeks.

Yes the answer to this is 3rd party apps and I think that will be more and more common for other functionality as the SDK matures and developers have time to implement and test.

I agree that this feature is a "joke" and it's pretty sad in a product called "Professional". I suppose if you are a farmer and want to fly the same route over your fields every day to check water levels, this might be somewhat useful? Oh wait, your field would have to be pretty small!

Reactions: huntjock
3rd party app is the way to go. At least DJI has SOMETHING to offer in this arena. Now we have to wait months for a 3rd party solution.

3rd party app is the way to go. At least DJI has SOMETHING to offer in this arena. Now we have to wait months for a 3rd party solution.

Why wait months if ILoveCoffee can put out a Waypoints hack with unlimited range within a couple weeks, right?

He seems like a talented programmer and should fix this stupid 500m range limit rather easily with his own app. Let's make sure to throw in a few extra bucks in the app store to incentivize him!

Reactions: huntjock
I have been using litchi for month's now . It give you all the freedom you are looking for . DJI's restrictions are wack.... Just try litchi I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Skipholiday
LITCHI runs better than go on my note 4 and nexus 7 due to hardware decoding of the video stream

As expected, the new Waypoints feature in the updated firmware will only allow 500m max. radius from home point. What a friggin' joke!

Does anyone know if ILoveCoffee will hack the app to make it unlimited range like he did with P2 Ground Station?

I will gladly donate $50 to his PayPal account if he can upload the hack by the end of the week!

I think you may be misinterpreting the 500 m limit. I think it means you need to set another waypoint within 500 m. It would be easy enough to test. Please do that someone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik