Waypoints and event triggers

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new in this world and I have been looking for some particular info. But there are some points I still have doubts.
I would like to use a drone for a personal project and the doubts I have are the following:

1. Every 30 minutes take a pre-established tour in a delimited area. This as far as I understand is done using waypoints? Is that right?
2. Allow drone respond to events. That is, for example, a trigger of a particular event jumps and drone goes to the coordinate that triggers event send?
For example, in a particular delimited area we would like to put some sensors, and if any sensor triggere an alarm send the drone to that coordinate. Is this possible?
3. Battery , I have seen some bases to recharge the drone automatically as dronebox, but it seems very expensive. Is there something more accessible that fulfills the function of recharging the drone in a specific place without the need to intervene a human?
4. It is possible to do streaming all time even if the waypoint are further the range?

Thanks in advance.

regards
Valentina

Interesting mix of questions. Must be an interesting project. Well, #1 is certainly doable, program the mission and just repeat as needed. Probably need at least 3 batteries with 2 charging while you fly the other. #4 - you only get streaming video when in range of the video link. Video link often falls off before control link. Just how far depends on local conditions. For #2 you would have to do some serious hacking of the RC and software to get that to work with out an operator in the loop.
#3 isn't going to work with any stock systems. For instance, the connectors on DJI batteries are not accessible when they are in the aircraft. The same would be true of most any other 'ready to fly' system. You are talking about a docking station where the bird would takeoff and return to plug in after the mission. GPS control isn't precise enough to do that autonomously. You will need some type of optical auto-docking subsystem.
You are going to need to do some serious scratch building or modification and programming to get all of this to work

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj