Waypoint feature - Backtracking

Reaction score
I'm working on a screen view demo of the new feature. I've found some interesting tidbits and issues. In the meantime I thought I'd mention and interesting find in Waypoints. You can of course set it to Free and then rotate the craft and angle the camera. You cannot move the craft forward or side to side but... you can pull back on the right stick and the craft will back up along the flight path. It won't move any other direction. This at least applies once the craft has completed its flight and is hovering. Once you release the right stick, it will fly to the last waypoint on its own. I think DJI did this so that the flier is allowed to stop the crafts forward progress in a knee jerk reaction.

You can do this at any time while it's flying the mission. I set my speed to 0 and use the Forward/Backward control to move through the waypoints.

Reactions: Buckaye
I'm working on a screen view demo of the new feature. I've found some interesting tidbits and issues. In the meantime I thought I'd mention and interesting find in Waypoints. You can of course set it to Free and then rotate the craft and angle the camera. You cannot move the craft forward or side to side but... you can pull back on the right stick and the craft will back up along the flight path. It won't move any other direction. This at least applies once the craft has completed its flight and is hovering. Once you release the right stick, it will fly to the last waypoint on its own. I think DJI did this so that the flier is allowed to stop the crafts forward progress in a knee jerk reaction.
Is it a true backtrack? ie, does it also readjust to previous waypoint altitudes?

You can do this at any time while it's flying the mission. I set my speed to 0 and use the Forward/Backward control to move through the waypoints.

well that's ONE cool part of the waypoint system :) Finally someone came up with one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic