Waves video from San Jose Del Cabo

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 3 Pro for about 2 weeks now. I was in San Jose Del Cabo last week and decided to practice my video skills by taking videos of waves. Here is the result. Critique welcome.

Reactions: liketogethigh
Really cool perspectives - great video! How did you back your Phantom and batteries for the flight to Cabo? Any issues with the airlines?

Very cool, I liked the sound, took me a minute to realize the wave sounds were added in post :) Sounded very pleasing.

My own thoughts: Some really cool perspectives, but would have liked to see some more shots to show more of the sky/horizon... of course in a few of the shots where it was visible, it was a pretty dreary day, so perhaps that's why you kept the camera down.

Those are unusually low waves for SJD. When I go, love to stay at Cabo Azul (yes, I'm stupid timeshare owner). The waves are always crashing hard against the coast causing rip tides. Usually too windy to try and fly also. Glad you got up and out.

Really cool perspectives - great video! How did you back your Phantom and batteries for the flight to Cabo? Any issues with the airlines?
I used the DJI Backpack. They had a special promotion where it was free with purchase of the Phantom. I originally was going to go with a Pelican case but am glad I didn't. The DJI Backpack is so lightweight that it was not issue carrying it through the airport. No issues with the airlines. The TSA agent just said "cool drone, how do you like it?" when I went through security.

Very cool, I liked the sound, took me a minute to realize the wave sounds were added in post :) Sounded very pleasing.
Thanks, the wave sounds were a last minute addition and the sound effect I got had them spaced almost perfectly for the video. Not much tweaking at all.

My own thoughts: Some really cool perspectives, but would have liked to see some more shots to show more of the sky/horizon... of course in a few of the shots where it was visible, it was a pretty dreary day, so perhaps that's why you kept the camera down.
Most were dreary (made it really hard to see the Phantom against the sky). I do have some showing the horizon, sunset, and beach, perhaps I'll do another cut. Thanks for the feedback.

Those are unusually low waves for SJD. When I go, love to stay at Cabo Azul (yes, I'm stupid timeshare owner). The waves are always crashing hard against the coast causing rip tides. Usually too windy to try and fly also. Glad you got up and out.
There was only one day with really big waves. Most were just little rollers. It was windy most days but I flew anyway. Did 3 flights a day everyday for 6 days, I was running out of things to shoot. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20