Waterproofing updates?

Reaction score
Greetings,
I know this has been discussed before but I've exhausted those strings. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with Corrosion X HD, or the like? Success stories? How about treating gimbals and gopros? Do I avoid the naza due to the barometric unit? Anything else that should be avoided? ImmersionRC tx?

I'm not real clear on what you are asking. But, if you are concerned about moisture build up, talk to your Pharmacist Manager and ask if they will collect desiccant pouches, cartridges for you. Their medications come in large bottles. They remove the large desiccant containers and toss them into the garbage.

These are excellent for removing moisture in stored drones, other RC aircrafts, guns, reels and so much more. I'm needing a new batch and I'll be asking again! I did use Walmart until their wait time went from 15 minutes to two hours. My theory? So you will shop while waiting. But, boy did I get a lot of them!

This time, a Rite-Aid, but I foresee no problems. If I misunderstood your question, please elaborate.

Edit: After re-reading, I think you are asking about spraying the circuit boards with an anti-corrosion agent. I'm not familiar enough with what is on the market. So, I have to recommend that you do as I suggested for storage. Don't fly in rain, snow or fog and you shouldn't have any problems.

PhantomFanatic said:
I
Edit: After re-reading, I think you are asking about spraying the circuit boards with an anti-corrosion agent. I'm not familiar enough with what is on the market. So, I have to recommend that you do as I suggested for storage. Don't fly in rain, snow or fog and you shouldn't have any problems.

This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4z8QMgTEA4. I've already dunked a P2V+ in freshwater. Taking my P2 to the beach in a month. Want to be protected as I'm shooting over the ocean and a bay. Want to be protected.

mgr134 said:
PhantomFanatic said:
I

This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4z8QMgTEA4. I've already dunked a P2V+ in freshwater. Taking my P2 to the beach in a month. Want to be protected as I'm shooting over the ocean and a bay. Want to be protected.

Okay, the link helped. These treatments may do a great job, but for longer submersion, water will get into connectors, etc. The waterproofing technique could have an unwanted side effect. Coating components may reduce their ability to give off heat.

I wouldn't recommend this method. Others will differ. :)

I fly over the ocean all the time... Rivers .... Waterfalls.... Never waterproofed anything. Just learn how to fly, get a quality iOSD and apply the basic rules of flying a rotor based craft and you will be fine. Put it this way, If you loose it flying over the water you probably need more flying time to start with as there is nothing to crash into..... Unless you want do a nose in axis rotation around a ship !!

The basic rule with flying out over the ocean is this.... Set your battery low warning to 40 % .... ALWAYS allow reserve power... If your flying back into a wind.... ensure that you return home with 50 - 45 % to go.... NO LESS

But really, if you crash over water you shouldn't be flying..... No amount of waterproofing will save your drone if you go down over the ocean or water anyway

Crazykaktus said:
Just learn how to fly, get a quality iOSD and apply the basic rules of flying a rotor based craft and you will be fine. Put it this way, If you loose it flying over the water you probably need more flying time to start with as there is nothing to crash into..... Unless you want do a nose in axis rotation around a ship !!
I'm not worried about me. I've seen plenty of posts and videos of Phantoms dropping from the sky without warning. I can fly in confined places, in attitude mode, without FPV. Just want to be prepared for the unforeseeable. Call it paranoid.

Crazykaktus said:
The basic rule with flying out over the ocean is this.... Set your battery low warning to 40 % .... ALWAYS allow reserve power... If your flying back into a wind.... ensure that you return home with 50 - 45 % to go.... NO LESS

This is very helpful and I will make this change before my first sea flight.

Crazykaktus said:
But really, if you crash over water you shouldn't be flying..... No amount of waterproofing will save your drone if you go down over the ocean or water anyway

Not entirely true. Just got this in the mail http://www.robotshop.com/en/getterback- ... AnAC8P8HAQ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31