water damaged p-2 due to fly away..good news!

Reaction score
well..the bad news is the camera is the only thing without an issue..go pros rock!
the good news is a bought it from amazon and despite dji telling me they would not repair it and to buy a new one Amazon heard me out and is giving me a full refund!
i explained that i have had enough practice to be pretty good at calibrating and flying before i got this one and that despite everything checking out and having all green lights,no metal or power lines around it just veered off to the right and hit a tree and then water. i did have more than one time time when it was flying up high and doing well for several minutes and then i noticed started drifting off in gps mode.
so it looks like i am shipping of the carcass and now need to research the fly away issue more and serif the vision plus has any better track record..i am guessing no.
so..kuddos to amazon!

HI, I SAW YOUR POSTING, and i cliped a tree early last night, but i was flying it back to me when it clipped a branch like that. only thing, it was only 6 ft from me, so i jumped in water and snatched it out, ran inside and spent a half hour with a hair dryer (oh and of course was fresh water not salt (forget trying to salvage anything electronic if its been dunked in salt water lol)) and oh i immediately popped the battery out of it by the way as well (thats another thing if you have current going to somethign electronic and lands in water can short out circuit boards. i plugged battery in the morning (and of course the mights on the battery are on but they were last night too) but the copter didnt power on at all. i havwent tried the rice yet, i know that works with cell phones... you have any experience with these or any other suggestions?
thankS! my email is [email protected]...
keith forrest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues