Water Damage P4 resulting in GPS/Battery Issues. Advice?

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I crashed my P4 into a tree then fell into a couple feet of water two weeks ago. Pulled it out and removed battery about 20 seconds later. Dismantled and dried out in rice for a week. Put it all back together a couple days ago and everything worked!! Everything, that is, except flying in GPS mode.

When I fly in GPS mode, it gives me a battery error after a couple minutes, even though my app is saying the battery charge is fine. A couple minutes more, and it says battery level critical and lands immediately. I have tried multiple other batteries, with the exception of the water damaged battery which I won't be using again.
Strangely, I do NOT have this problem and can fly a full battery if I'm using Attitude Mode.

Any thoughts?

I can't offer you a clear and conclusive answer, however if we look at the problem with some logical thought, I would consider the possibility that this may be a software glitch with the firmware.
It is my understanding that all the components that are needed to fly in GPS mode are fully operational during both ATTI and GPS mode. This is easily provable by virtue that the phantoms position is still being reported to the RC when you fly in ATTI mode, it simply doesn't use the data to maintain position. That said, I would wonder if you could reload the FW to possibly fix some of the glitches you are experiencing. You may have to go down one version to force a reload, and I can't tell you how to do that, but I know members do so.
Anyway, it's just one thought and you may want to collect others before making the effort, but it is the only suggestion I can offer. Do take note that if this is a hardware issue, an attempt to reload a FW may cause it to brick, but if it does, then maybe it shouldn't be flown anyway.
Good luck, keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20