Water crash - question on startup

Reaction score
Been lurking here for months now.

Last weekend I had my first significant crash and wouldn't you know it it had to be in water.

Totally my fault as I clipped a branch on takeoff and crashed into a lake. The FC40 was in the water at most for 10 seconds since it was close to shore and I was able wade in to get it.

I immediately pulled the battery and started shaking it. Went inside, opend the shell and dried off whatever water I could see. I unplugged all the connectors and put it in a box and and filled it with rice. It stayed there for 7 days.

Cleaned it off today and fired it up. All the proper light sequences happened happened and I was able to calibrate the compass.

Everything looked fine. The I pulled the sticks to start the motors and..... nothing.

Is there something I can check? Am I out of luck?

Thanks for the help!

Do you hear the startup tones? In any case, check out the ESCs very carefully.
Look at the 6 FETs on each and see if you see any unevenness on them.

Also, check for silly stuff, like not having the switches in the upper position.

Thanksfor the reply.

I get the usual beeps. The red and green lights on each arm go on and then off once I connect the battery. Then I get the sequence of lights on the main indicator light until I get two series of fast flahing green lights.

Up to this point I don't see anything different.

I'll open the case to check the ESC\FET.

Are you using the same battery that went for a swim?
Did you double check the connections to ensure they are in the proper location?
I hope it's simple, like you forgot to plug something back in. ;)

Connect to Assistant Software, on an old computer you wouldn't mind crashing. Do motor tests & advanced IMU calibration.

Thought I would update this.

So I relaized that I was plugged into the wrong ports on the NAZA controller. I moved them to M1-M4 and did a test flight. It went about a foot into the air and flipped over. Then I did a but more research to figure our which arm plugged into which specific port on the controller.

Success. I've done a few test flights. Will do more over ther weeked. So far so good.

Thanks for the help.

Thought I would update this.

So I relaized that I was plugged into the wrong ports on the NAZA controller. I moved them to M1-M4 and did a test flight. It went about a foot into the air and flipped over. Then I did a but more research to figure our which arm plugged into which specific port on the controller.

Success. I've done a few test flights. Will do more over ther weeked. So far so good.

Thanks for the help.

I know it's been a long time, but did you happen to purchase a new battery or is it the same one that went in the water?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1