watch video on phone

Reaction score
Hi

My phone in use is Samsung S5. I use DJI APP on Phone. When I take movie and photo I see both imagne and video file DJI app gallerY. I can click on picture and it work and I can view. that good.

problem is I can see video file but when click it say "can not play video". I also use DJI app to copy video to my phone. It cool feature I just discovered now hehe.
But when I also try play video on phone it also say not work. Video saved as mp4. I can play other mp4 but not phones from DJI :(
I also try download mp4 codec player and it search for mp4 and found others, but still not play DJI video.
New mp4 player not recognise the DJ video as mp4, but the extension is mp4. it as if file is not mp4??

BUT when I put sdcard in PC I can play the video file !! Also if I manually put sdcard into pc and then connect phone to PC then copy video to phone and that works, I can watch video on phone!

Is way to view videos on phone ? Either in gallery or on download phone via gallery feature ? I do not want to have to put sdcard into pc and manually copy across to phone everytime!!

Hope understand I use google translate for part.

Summary: Using DJI gallery I not able to view videos Phantom make. It seem like gallery has bug or i need special codec ?

thank you for time :)

I not relies you watch videos in the gallery. and not relies you can copy to phone. very cool feature!!
it just do not work for me:(

Also I just try this..

Open DJI app, load gallery, try watch video. not work. I then use gallery to download to phone. video still not work when I view in different player on phone.
BUT I connect phone to PC and I can watch video on PC. That actually work!

Do I need specil codec maybe ?

I just install VLC player for android and now I can watch video I that I download to phone using gallery.
so that fixed.. codec problem on my phone. work now :)

However I still not able to watch video in gallery. pointless if gallery can not play video lol ?

I was with Terry when he was doing the testing and I had the same results. You can't watch the video in the gallery. It loads up the DJI gallery movie player but errors with "can't play video" or something like that..
Problem is we both have a Samsung S5 so we can't do any other device testing :(
I might try borrow the girlfriends ipad or S4 and see if that works.

Its wierd.... like Terry said.... Seems like a codec issue as the stock movie players on the phone won't play the file.. but most of the 'advanced' players like VLC or MX work fine. I also didn't know you could download the files from the Phantom to the phones memory... it's slow but pretty cool :)

*edit* BTW.. Ter, you left your heat shrink heater thingo here.

Hmm interesting.. so its possibly resolution you think... will try sum diff resolutions.. bit of a shame if its that. Can watch the movies in all the players at our current size.. 1080p/30fps

justin00 said:
Its wierd.... like Terry said.... Seems like a codec issue as the stock movie players on the phone won't play the file.. but most of the 'advanced' players like VLC or MX work fine. I also didn't know you could download the files from the Phantom to the phones memory... it's slow but pretty cool :)

*edit* BTW.. Ter, you left your heat shrink heater thingo here.

It's a great feature to download to device.
However, its very slow and I wouldn't suggest using it unless its an emergency. The phantom gets warm if the props aren't spinning.

Ah ok thanks for the tip :) We both did notice our Phantoms a little hotter than normal..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj