Watch "P4 camera tilt" on YouTube

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Did reply to post today about this so thought i would post to see if anything i can try,,sorry if vid in wrong area,,,,could someone post this under "limp gimble please"this sposed to go with me other post,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chrismatthewssr
These are just my thoughts...

I'm thinking that in gusty winds, as the aircraft tilt adjusts to keep itself in/on the current intended position/course, the gimble adjusts to try and stay and stay steady on it's intended view. I'm guessing that if a gust of wind suddenly ramps up or down, the gimble might struggle to "keep up".

For example, I noticed that in your video, as you are heading out away from the beach when the camera view seems level, the right-front prop is tilted down much further than the left. This tells me that the aircraft is fighting a significant wind from the right side. Given that, if that right-side gust suddenly gives out, the aircraft might not be able to adjust back quickly enough, and become tilted way far over, more than it needs to, bringing the gimble with it which might not be able to keep tilt-left enough. And that's when you see the camera view snap right.

Notice also that as you turn around to the left, the visible props seem to "descend" to about the same level, indicating to me that since you've turned the aircraft around about 180 degrees, the wind is starting to come at the aircraft from a different position.

These are just my thoughts...

I'm thinking that in gusty winds, as the aircraft tilt adjusts to keep itself in/on the current intended position/course, the gimble adjusts to try and stay and stay steady on it's intended view. I'm guessing that if a gust of wind suddenly ramps up or down, the gimble might struggle to "keep up".

For example, I noticed that in your video, as you are heading out away from the beach when the camera view seems level, the right-front prop is tilted down much further than the left. This tells me that the aircraft is fighting a significant wind from the right side. Given that, if that right-side gust suddenly gives out, the aircraft might not be able to adjust back quickly enough, and become tilted way far over, more than it needs to, bringing the gimble with it which might not be able to keep tilt-left enough. And that's when you see the camera view snap right.

Notice also that as you turn around to the left, the visible props seem to "descend" to about the same level, indicating to me that since you've turned the aircraft around about 180 degrees, the wind is starting to come at the aircraft from a different position.
Thanks good info yes was bit of wind but it will still do with no wind,kinda hoping its a glitch with updates ,got bad after couple flights with new firmware,this worst it been,gimble cali makes no change

Out of curiosity, did you get any warnings such maximum gimbal level reached (or similar)? Had one the other day but it was blowing a gale and I was banking at the time and it reset itself once I slowed down and straightened up. As opposed to the limp gimbal which just hangs there until I landed, cycled the battery and it was fine from there on in.

Out of curiosity, did you get any warnings such maximum gimbal level reached (or similar)? Had one the other day but it was blowing a gale and I was banking at the time and it reset itself once I slowed down and straightened up. As opposed to the limp gimbal which just hangs there until I landed, cycled the battery and it was fine from there on in.
Hi na no warnings , its not likeing the sun shade either,bit stumped on this,makes for lots of editing,also since update me start up tune bit diff than normal and cam stares at ground for a bit after start,when i get slight diff start noise i know me cam funny till i restart the craft ,bright side it goes good again,,yes sorry i first wanted to post this under that limp gimble post and it ended up here ? Op error on my part

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi na no warnings , its not likeing the sun shade either,bit stumped on this,makes for lots of editing,also since update me start up tune bit diff than normal and cam stares at ground for a bit after start,when i get slight diff start noise i know me cam funny till i restart the craft ,bright side it goes good again,,yes sorry i first wanted to post this under that limp gimble post and it ended up here ? Op error on my part
Other than what John had suggested about checking the gimbal cabling, see if it does it in Litchi, to rule out the app or using Assistant2 on a PC (I know you hate them) and refresh the FW for the AC. In my case it happened just the once and a warning popped up, I was kind of expecting it due to the thrashing I was giving it in the stiff breeze.

I might suggest you do an IMU and gimbal calibration and do so on a hard, flat and level surface. Don't be walking around either as even the vibration from walking can screw up the cal a bit. Concrete is best and a wobbly wooden floor about the worst.

Do check the cabling (ribbon cable) and do a visual inspection for any obvious lose or damaged hardware. Boy those props are really filling the screen -- I would not have expected the P4 to have the props so visible in the FOV. This fact perhaps reinforces the possibility that the IMU calibration is AFU.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20