Watch "Mistakes Were Made!!!" on YouTube

watching drone or feed should have been no problem, actually them branches would have been better viewed via eyeballs

How come I don't get such good recovery with my P3?
I do find things appear much closer FPV than they really are as observed VLOS.

Reactions: Thedoc
I know that this is stating the obvious but when eyeballing the aircraft, a failsafe method is to keep the drone centered around any object or obstacle.... It's just you, the drone, and the sky behind it. With this in mind, you can pretty much takeoff and land the drone even in relatively thick foliage.

Reactions: mpatton
Be honest ... Visual or Screen ... I think result would have been similar .... flying in such a restricted area with trees / buildings / fence etc. - something had to happen sooner or later.

I practice sometimes flying in the trees I have on my estate ... I have 3.5 acres of garden and a lot of trees ... gives me a sort of slalom course ... My usual practice machine is my cheaper camera Multi-Rotor .... but occasionally I will put my P3S through it ...

Makes you realise how much drift there is when you try to turn / round a corner / go to stop etc.

Nigel

Not that I'm making a big deal out of it, I feel confident I could've landed it without hitting anything... in ATTI. Just NOT in windy conditions.

The P3S gets a little twitchy in P-GPS when satellite lock drops down to 7 and below, which can happen when you suddenly find yourself flying near building structures blocking a great portion of the sky. I've seen my P3S suddenly drifted dangerously close to our house when it got below 30 feet. (AGL to roof line is 30 ft.)

It was the extra bit of adrenaline as you were puckering your butt cheeks that saved your drone

Reactions: mpatton

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl