Warranty

Reaction score
Hi, I have seen a phantom 3 pro on eBay uk for £800 new and was wondering about the Warranty. When you guys have had problems who do you send the copter back to, the supplier or dealer, or does it have to go back to China?

If it can be fixed under warranty and you purchased your Phantom from an authorized DJI dealer, then you'll need to send it to DJI.

...and here in the US, that means DJI in the Los Angelas area, I believe...

But I think one of the problems with buying directly from DJI is that they are very slow in responding to warranty issues, whereas if you bought from a dealer, you are more likely to get a timely response.

if you bought from a dealer, you are more likely to get a timely response
While the response might be more timely in many cases, it'll often be "you need to contact DJI and get an RMA".

You don't want to deal with DJI support if you have other options. Amazon is your friend!

Hi, I have seen a phantom 3 pro on eBay uk for £800 new and was wondering about the Warranty. When you guys have had problems who do you send the copter back to, the supplier or dealer, or does it have to go back to China?
May I make a suggestion? From someone who has followed this route, I would strongly urge you to buy from a local dealer. DJI have absolutely zero regard for any kind of warrantee, stating you should sort it out with the agent you purchased the unit from. I have been battling for almost a month now, and since I bought the unit on e-bay, the local agent wants absolutely nothing to do with me, and DJI cannot even supply me with an address to ship to!!!! Best Product EVER - Absolutely worst "after sales" (doubt it can even be called that) I have EVER EXPERIENCED!!! My drone bought on e-bay slightly over a month ago eventually cost me around $450 to repair....

I would strongly urge you to buy from a local dealer.
Most people do not have local dealers. Well, unless you're considering Best Buy a local dealer.

Buying from Amazon is a great idea if purchasing from a seller that is an authorized DJI dealer. It's no different than walking into their shop and purchasing the Phantom directly from them. The only difference is they ship their stock to Amazon and Amazon ships it to the customer. It's a no-brainer since Amazon has a no-hassle 30-day return policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31