Warranty with 3rd party SW

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying third party SW like Litchi.
Especially because of the possibility of pre-programming the route and using a VR display.

Has anyone experience with DJI's service if an accident occurs using 3rd party SW and does DJI then cover damages if they are caused by the firmware?
What SW is recommended for VR display's and what displays work best?
I have reading glasses (+1.5).
Does Litchi work with the Samsung Gear VR(2)?

Litchi is the best app if you search on google look for phantom filmschool you will find anything you need for phantom 3

Litchi for Android only currently supports VR display output.

If you can prove its P3's problem, it should be covered under warranty. For example: DJI will not cover for your incorrect mission planning.

Best display for a Gear VR would be a Note 5, S6 Edge+ (NOT regular), or S7 Edge. Others are compatible, but not as good, like the S7, S6 and S6 Edge.

Has anyone experience with DJI's service if an accident occurs using 3rd party SW and does DJI then cover damages if they are caused by the firmware?

I cannot comment on the VR aspect, but i was using Litchi and flying waypoints and crashed due to hardware issue and they replaced via warranty (and i do NOT have DJI Care). My thread is here, just updated it with conclusion (DJI covered under warranty). Crashed doing Waypoint in Litchi, battery drained but never got warning

Reactions: rene van der meer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20