Warranty Question

Reaction score
With all of these posts I'm seeing regarding updates coinciding with crashes, I'm curious. I have a lot of money invested in my P3P setup. When you send a Phantom in for warranty repair do you send the controller with it? I am concerned because I installed a range extender on my original remote. Will that void my warranty? I did go out and buy a second remote that has never been tampered with. My bird has never been modified. For all DJI knows, I could have dropped my original remote in the water and had to buy a replacement. They need not know that I have ever used a range extender. I guess my question is will using a range extender void my warranty. I've got 133 flights and 18 hours 32 minutes on my drone without ever one single issue. I just worry that because I am updated to latest firmware that I could lose some of my investment. Also, my P3P was purchased off of eBay from Pixel Hub. A legitimate brick and mortar that has an eBay store. Do you need a receipt for send in or does it go off of serial number. Just wanting to know my options since I am seeing so many posts about updates and crashes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

When mine went in for stress cracks, I send in just the bird as directs. Took off the aftermarket lens cover and filter and removed the section card. Controller was never discussed. Just be prepared to relink the bird when it comes back. As many others, I suspect that the bird I got back was not the one I sent in but someone else's problem that was refurbished.

Last edited:
i sent my P4 in with my modded controller that i did the clean install kit with the dbs panel from Maxx.UAV.com i also bought those small black antennas to screw on when i just going short distances...i sent those black antennas with my controller, P4,and both original boxes it came in..i had guys tell me i didn't need to send it in , but when i spoke on the phone DJI rep said yes , as well as #6 on the return form says to....i got my P4 back along with, my modded controller, and those black antennas (since i didn't want to lose my new DBS panel) and both original boxes...i had zero issues with DJI and could not be more happy with the service i received....mine had 119 flights on it when the main gimbal board inside bird decided not to play nice anymore....good luck

Reactions: Paul A Byers
With all of these posts I'm seeing regarding updates coinciding with crashes, I'm curious. I have a lot of money invested in my P3P setup. When you send a Phantom in for warranty repair do you send the controller with it? I am concerned because I installed a range extender on my original remote. Will that void my warranty? I did go out and buy a second remote that has never been tampered with. My bird has never been modified. For all DJI knows, I could have dropped my original remote in the water and had to buy a replacement. They need not know that I have ever used a range extender. I guess my question is will using a range extender void my warranty. I've got 133 flights and 18 hours 32 minutes on my drone without ever one single issue. I just worry that because I am updated to latest firmware that I could lose some of my investment. Also, my P3P was purchased off of eBay from Pixel Hub. A legitimate brick and mortar that has an eBay store. Do you need a receipt for send in or does it go off of serial number. Just wanting to know my options since I am seeing so many posts about updates and crashes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

if its flying good and your having fun
forget about crashes and warranty stuff

don't let small stuff bug you!
if it happens THEN deal with it
until then enjoy IT!

good luck and have fun flying

most never ever need service or warranty

i sent my P4 in with my modded controller that i did the clean install kit with the dbs panel from Maxx.UAV.com i also bought those small black antennas to screw on when i just going short distances...i sent those black antennas with my controller, P4,and both original boxes it came in..i had guys tell me i didn't need to send it in , but when i spoke on the phone DJI rep said yes , as well as #6 on the return form says to....i got my P4 back along with, my modded controller, and those black antennas (since i didn't want to lose my new DBS panel) and both original boxes...i had zero issues with DJI and could not be more happy with the service i received....mine had 119 flights on it when the main gimbal board inside bird decided not to play nice anymore....good luck
I have the DBS02 from Itelite as well, also the Maxxrange which is a much larger version. They are great! Looking to boost them next. Thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• 20161101_202945.jpg
    20161101_202945.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 371
I have the DBS02 from Itelite as well, also the Maxxrange which is a much larger version. They are great! Looking to boost them next. Thanks for your reply!

yea I was thinking about adding a little boost to mine , but I wanted to see what a difference just upgraded the antenna first would do, so far looks like my signal strength is solid all the way out to my furthest flight so far before I run out of battery and need to spin around and get er back on remaining juice...so looks like might not need to boost it for now...darn shame the plug and play battery mod fell through for Jake at MaxxUAV.com ...I was waiting in line to buy

yea I was thinking about adding a little boost to mine , but I wanted to see what a difference just upgraded the antenna first would do, so far looks like my signal strength is solid all the way out to my furthest flight so far before I run out of battery and need to spin around and get er back on remaining juice...so looks like might not need to boost it for now...darn shame the plug and play battery mod fell through for Jake at MaxxUAV.com ...I was waiting in line to buy
I did not know about the plug and play battery mod, what was that going to be and how did it fall through? I would have been in line also.

It certainly is possible that DJI would not honor the warranty if the controller is modified. Legally they would need to be able to show that the modification somehow led to the damage. I said, "legally". They could, for any reason choose not to honor the warranty and a modified controller may lead to that (correct or incorrect) decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.