Warranties...?

Reaction score
Do I have to purchase from an DJI authorized dealer to have a warranty?

According to an email from DJI to developers (not every customer), yes/correct. Could they legally require this... probably a different answer. Would they still honor the warranty even if bought from a non-authorized dealer? Maybe, maybe not.

I'd recommend buying from an authorized dealer if purchasing in order to avoid that _possible_ issue.

Reactions: BigAl07
SamNetwork, this only applies if you live in the US.

Ah -- I didn't know if the universe was in the US ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
So in order to have a warranty it would have to be brand new, not open box, and come from an auth. dealer?
:neutral:
This is what DJI's warranty states:

"For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealears."

Perhaps. But, it'll be far less costly if you just buy from an authorized DJI dealer (as it won't require hiring a lawyer to fight a legal battle).

Perhaps. But, it'll be far less costly if you just buy from an authorized DJI dealer (as it won't require hiring a lawyer to fight a legal battle).

While that is true, in the end it helps us all if we don't kowtow to such practices. Companies that wish to use unethical business practices should be called out and dealt with.

in the end it helps us all if we don't kowtow to such practices.
I'm not sure how far we'll get since there are larger companies (like Dell) doing the same thing.

While that is true, in the end it helps us all if we don't kowtow to such practices. Companies that wish to use unethical business practices should be called out and dealt with.
Cool, go hire a lawyer and let us know how it goes. :)

I don't know where this is going but what if there was a cracked shell. Would DJI replace that?

It depends on why it cracked. You'd have to contact DJI support and let them determine how to handle it.

DJI often fixes manufacturing defects for free. You'd have to contact them for help though. Nobody here would be able to tell you if a fictitious scenario would be covered under warranty.

Also, from what I've read, you can buy an open box and still get the warranty as long as you are buying from an authorized dealer such as MicroCenter. I know that MicroCenter list their open box items as still being covered by the manufacturer warranty.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers