Warning: satellite positioning off

Reaction score
Today I was trying to calibrate my p3p and got the following message "Warning: satellite positioning off".
I couldn't find any info in the manuals. Anybody knows what this means ?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458799355.863715.jpg

Last edited:
Never saw this message but this means GPS is disabled.

Reactions: hcoronel
Thanks. I'll try that. I was flying in the usual area. May be some new kind of interference

I'm having the same problems. I've reinstalled the firmware and did all the calibrations resets but every time it says "Safe to Fly" the moment it takes off it switches to "Safe to Fly (Non-GPS)" followed by "Satellite positioning off. Fly with caution" No idea what to do. Any suggestions??

I'm having the same problems. I've reinstalled the firmware and did all the calibrations resets but every time it says "Safe to Fly" the moment it takes off it switches to "Safe to Fly (Non-GPS)" followed by "Satellite positioning off. Fly with caution" No idea what to do. Any suggestions??
What firmware are you using? Are you in an area with a "clear sky" instead of overhead occlusions?

I started getting this after 1.7 specifically when I carry it to a take off spot after being turned on. Never had any issues in flight as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've had the "safe to fly - non gps" flickering yesterday but today after installing dji go 2.3.0 No issue at all.

I think, with my config, bird fw 1.5, rc firmware 1.4.3, dji go 2.3 is the best choice. It's even more smooth in video feedback and have not the issue of 4:3~ fpv when in video recording mode.

Hey DJI! Is it too much to ask that you EXPLAIN YOUR ERROR MESSAGES somewhere? Especially the new ones. We see this pretty much every new firmware - some warning that no one has ever seen before. So we have to guess, ask others, make incorrect assumptions and eventually get some clue as to what is happening.

But it wouldn't be too hard to just keep a running list of error messages and a brief explanation. It really wouldn't be.

Hey DJI! Is it too much to ask that you EXPLAIN YOUR ERROR MESSAGES somewhere? Especially the new ones. We see this pretty much every new firmware - some warning that no one has ever seen before. So we have to guess, ask others, make incorrect assumptions and eventually get some clue as to what is happening.

But it wouldn't be too hard to just keep a running list of error messages and a brief explanation. It really wouldn't be.
True, DJI owes us a document describing the possible causes of all error messages.

image.png
Today I was trying to calibrate my p3p and got the following message "Warning: satellite positioning off".
I couldn't find any info in the manuals. Anybody knows what this means ?
View attachment 48307
I just got that message after I swapped the shell because of a crash. It will eventually pick up the satellites, but if I put my hand over the top of the drone to move it, i will lose all satellites and will receive that message again. This never happened before in the older body.

The OP's image shows Safe To Fly (GPS) at the same time he's getting the error message. So how can the GPS be disabled?

I think vijay in post #5 might be on to something in that interference is creating a GPS accuracy problem. The word "off" may mean off as in inaccurate rather than off as in not on.

View attachment 53878
I just got that message after I swapped the shell because of a crash. It will eventually pick up the satellites, but if I put my hand over the top of the drone to move it, i will lose all satellites and will receive that message again. This never happened before in the older body.
Honestly, this happen to me everytime i move both of my p3a. Only for a few sec i loose gps if i move it for a few seconds. No big deal imo.

Aconteceu comigo. Tinha desligado localização do android no telefone para todos os aplicativos por pouco período. Ao religar a localização no android novamente o aplicativo DJI GO não aceitou a correção.
Solução: Desinstalar o DJI GO e ativar a localização no android novamente. Reinstalar o DJI GO.
GPS volta a funcionar imediatamente.

I have a similar problem. Everything was fine, in fact, I had two successful flights prior to this happening. I tried upgrading the firmware to the latest version but that didn't fix it. Tried changing locations, too. I can't find anything in the manual for resolving this. Does anyone know how to fix it? The bird is a P3 Standard. Thanks!

P3 Error 2.png

I have a similar problem. Everything was fine, in fact, I had two successful flights prior to this happening. I tried upgrading the firmware to the latest version but that didn't fix it. Tried changing locations, too. I can't find anything in the manual for resolving this. Does anyone know how to fix it? The bird is a P3 Standard. Thanks!

View attachment 70204
Was your location turned on your cell or tablet? I had that come up on my screen before a flight and then I went back and turned location services on my cell and satellites came up.

burtg

Was your location turned on your cell or tablet? I had that come up on my screen before a flight and then I went back and turned location services on my cell and satellites came up.

burtg

Are you saying that location services on the phone should be turned on? In my case, it was on. Should I turn it off?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers