Warning: New NFZ!

Reaction score
DJI added new NFZ. Another change in already sold product without any information.

My country on images. Check Yours.

Attachments

• dji_new_nfz.PNG
    dji_new_nfz.PNG
    542.2 KB · Views: 542
  • dji_before.JPG
    dji_before.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 490
I got the oppisite going on and the new go app update took out a few nfz in my area and also shrunk down the ones it did have to be more realistic to the areas that have the red circle around them.

For instance the had the Albany county international airport as if it was some big huge air port even tho its not and the only reason the airports name was changed to have the word international in it was to make it sound good after they spent a lot of money fixing the place up and adding a few flights that go to Canada. But On some versions of djis app they had the circle around it as if it was some big real international air port. That covered the whole town were the airport is located and even went in to the edge of my town a few blocks away from me. Now its pulled way back and Id have to be out of flight range to even be able to go any were near the new and more realistic sized red zone there.

But they still dont have the watervliet arsenal which is a few blocks south of me and that is a big time no no no no dont even think about it no fly zone being its a sensitive military area and they have the country's only large cannon manufacturing and lots of scientific labs there. That they dont want any one spying on or photographing any thing or even allowed to have camera on base at all and has been a no fly zone sence the 50s

So they still have the nfz maps all screwed up even if not as much as before. Being it would try to not let me fly in places there is no prob flying in yet will totally let any one fly over the arsenal which is a big no no no go area.

To be honest - Your local authority can deny or approve a flight, not DJI ;)
DJI is blocking a functionality of device, without law requirement.

Yep by the time the morons at the FAA come up with a more practical solution for commercial flight for those that hold a 333 the software will have you so locked down you won't be able to make money with a P3 ;)

Reactions: JKDSensei
This is a problem for people who uses DJI products in work.
Why would that be? Geofencing is still in Beta format. Once officially released the pilot can authorize the NFZ for 3 days and CAN fly in it. Don't you follow the DJI website regarding the current news & updates to the program? That way you don't have to resort to such foolish hysteria?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff and Meta4
But they still dont have the watervliet arsenal which is a few blocks south of me and that is a big time no no no no dont even think about it no fly zone being its a sensitive military area and they have the country's only large cannon manufacturing and lots of scientific labs there. That they dont want any one spying on or photographing any thing or even allowed to have camera on base at all and has been a no fly zone sence the 50s
Being it would try to not let me fly in places there is no prob flying in yet will totally let any one fly over the arsenal which is a big no no no go area.
You mean here?

Attachments

• Watervliet.jpg
    Watervliet.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 385
Why would that be? Geofencing is still in Beta format. Once officially released the pilot can authorize the NFZ for 3 days and CAN fly in it. Don't you follow the DJI website regarding the current news & updates to the program? That way you don't have to resort to such foolish hysteria?

Calm down.
I do not want to use Geo in current form, i tested it, and adding new NFZ to the current solution is a change of product already sold.
Read more about how Geo works and what is now, before writting weak posts.

Last edited:

Yup thats the place. and funny thing is its completely visible on google earth so any one can see the same as they would see most days if they were to fly over the place. Air plains are also not supposed to fly directly over it but yet they do all the time as well as state police helicopters fly right over it all the time to. Even tho they are not supposed to.

One of the firemen down at the firehouse also has a phantom 1 or 2 he flies from the firehouse some times and whats funny about that is that the firehouse is situated right by the arsenals property line and only a fence and a small wall separate the two. And no ones ever even said boo to him about takeing off or landing that close to there shared property line. Even tho at that end of the arsenals complex is also were NY state has a big DHS office located just on the other side of the fence from the parking lot were he takes off from.

Calm down.
I do not want to use Geo in current form, i tested it, and adding new NFZ to the current solution is a change of product already sold.
Read more about how Geo works and what is now, before writting weak posts.
Weak post? That post was to inform, or better yet, to enlighten you to the intentions of how you'll be able to Authorize yourself to fly in a NFZ using DJI's Geofencing program/system. Obviously, something you are clearly not aware of. Otherwise you wouldn't be making such an unnecessary fuss over the newly incorporated NFZ's and continually posting your rants about it.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I am not interested in Geofence. I have many concernes about that.
I bought a P3 only with NFZ over airports and my deal was P3P with NFZ over airports. No more, no less.
DJI is changing already sold product without information. The change is critical to me because a key feature (a flying) is changed. Device for flying is blocked to fly.

I am not talking about Geofence here. There is no Geofence. I am talking about current situation. Clear?

yes. weak. get a bigger picture.

Kyokushin

If you're the same person who did the 10+ page thread over at RCGroups, seems you enlightened a LOT of people...includeing some at DJI :)

Maybe that's a different person using the same name?

It is me. Everyone has their own opinions , everyone deserve to be informed and i belive in freedom of choice :) Thats all ;)

Reactions: JKDSensei
The thing that gets me the most about all this geofencing thing was DJI sneaking this whole mess into a FW update about battery problems when Phantoms were dropping from the skies. Pretty dishonest......but then again they are based in China.

Why the hostility and hyperbole?

It was announced on 11/17/15.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj