WARNING!! NEW FIRMWARE issue!! Thought I losy my P4!

Reaction score
WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!!
I have the 32 channel hack....was waiting to upgrade my firmware until I learned more of what people were saying...AND I THOUGHT I LOST MY P4!! I upgraded tonight...batteries and all.

I HAD the channel 32 hack enabled using channel 31 and low and behold I got about 3000+ feet out and my tablet FROZE (Nexus 7)...then REBOOTED!! NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE!!

I tried to remain calm....activated RTH and kept contoller pointed in proper direction and waited for tablet to boot....NEVER did connect again after I started DJI Go app, BUT i heard it above me finally and breathed a sigh of relief...thank God I had set all of the settings after they got returned to default and my RTH was high enough.

WTF!!! REALLY!! I am pissed....I had no issues BEFORE the upgrade and now this happens!!

Please....I have lost ALL faith now...could be because of the hack being used at the time. PLEASE HELP!!

Oh...AND I was going to check the flight log out to possibly upload it and there was NO LOG at all in the history...just my last flight from yesterday. What am I missing here? Why would this happen?

My tablet has NEVER crashed before the firmware upgrade using dji go app...

And I troubleshoot technical issues for a living...for a long time :)

If you say so. However, unless you can reproduce the crash with just the new firmware as the only change to the entire system, then making the assumption that one tablet crash had to be due to the new firmware is very poor troubleshooting.

Reactions: WRXJIM and Meta4
Was testing to see if the the distance issue and video loss was any better as some people have claimed...started off in auto mode then decided to switch to manual...done this bunch of times with no issue previously...

Device issues are not warranted. However, I would do some basics first.
Nexus is a google tab. I would try re installing the Go App first. You can always back up everything using Itunes. You can always re place the hack afterwords. Bench the bird for testing and reset up all of your settings as some may default after FW Updates.
Restart everything and go out for a test flight.
I'm sure you will be fine. ;)

I do not know what channel hacks are. I understand the tablet trouble. Why didnt you just fly back manually?
If you say so. However, unless you can reproduce the crash with just the new firmware as the only change to the entire system, then making the assumption that one tablet crash had to be due to the new firmware is very poor troubleshooting.

So if the only thing recently added was the firmware AND the tablet has NEVER crashed in the two plus years since I have had it or, more importantly, since I have had my P4 with 60+ flights,the first thing you look at is..gee...what new thing was recently introduced? Was it without a doubt the firmware? I would make a bet that going through this process added some instability that wasn't there previously.

Hence my warning to my fellow pilots to be very aware of what could happen. I had way too much faith in my P4 and should not of let it out of sight after upgrading the firmware!!

OP, this thread concerned me some but I had to see for myself.

I just finished my first flight with the 32 channel hack and the firmware/updated app, and it did better than it has in the past, just not greatly better. I'm using an iPad Mini 4 cellular but I'm keeping wifi on since I'm picking up my house wifi for any possible benefit for best location services.

I probably won't do anything else for distance other than windsurfers, which are on their way.

Everytime there is a new firmware UD there is at least one of these "WARNING WARNING" threads...

Was testing to see if the the distance issue and video loss was any better as some people have claimed...started off in auto mode then decided to switch to manual...done this bunch of times with no issue previously...

Same version of the Go app?
So if the only thing recently added was the firmware AND the tablet has NEVER crashed in the two plus years since I have had it or, more importantly, since I have had my P4 with 60+ flights,the first thing you look at is..gee...what new thing was recently introduced? Was it without a doubt the firmware? I would make a bet that going through this process added some instability that wasn't there previously.

Hence my warning to my fellow pilots to be very aware of what could happen. I had way too much faith in my P4 and should not of let it out of sight after upgrading the firmware!!

I'm sorry, but you are making the classic error of conflating correlation with causation, based on one data point, in a system comprising a huge number of other variables that you neither control nor are aware of. Noting the correlation is fine. Confidently declaring causation is not defensible.

I just finished my first flight with the 32 channel hack and the firmware/updated app, and it did better than it has in the past, just not greatly better. I'm using an iPad Mini 4 cellular but I'm keeping wifi on since I'm picking up my house wifi for any possible benefit for best location services.

I probably won't do anything else for distance other than windsurfers, which are on their way.
What version of App? IOS version 2.8.2 was a disaster with range loss! That is why they jumped to release 2.8.3 for the fix less than in 48 hours. That cost them some $!
Version 2.8.3 with hack is working perfect for me at least. Had a flight today with no issues and went out 10,000 ft. Good to have some of what DJI Promised finally.

Reactions: ftttu and Cale262

Well...that is good to know. But you are on IOS and not Android...could just be an Android thing? Anybody else tried the 32 channel hack with Android and new firmware?

What version of App? IOS version 2.8.2 was a disaster with range loss! That is why they jumped to release 2.8.3 for the fix less than in 48 hours. That cost them some $!
Version 2.8.3 with hack is working perfect for me at least. Had a flight today with no issues and went out 10,000 ft. Good to have some of what DJI Promised finally.
EVERYTHING is updated to the latest.

Reactions: Drone Master

I updated to the latest dji go app for Android...2.8.1...again...could just be an Android thing?

I updated to the latest dji go app for Android...2.8.1...again...could just be an Android thing?
Android is Google! Remember?

Same version of the Go app?

I'm sorry, but you are making the classic error of conflating correlation with causation, based on one data point, in a system comprising a huge number of other variables that you neither control nor are aware of. Noting the correlation is fine. Confidently declaring causation is not defensible.

Wow...really? Listen to yourself...I am noting the correlation!! I even stated that I could not be sure! If you want to argue for the sake of arguing without adding any information that could be useful to people than just beat it....way too many people like you on this forum...get OFF your high horse!

Reactions: dguth66

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic