Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary

Reaction score
Warning: Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary.

I had this issue with a brand new Phantom 4 Pro today.

Drone was brand new out of the box. I had upgraded the firmware - bit of a mission in itself. Took the drone out for 1st flight. Set everything needed in DJI Go 4 app (I used many times and know my way around pretty well). Took off. Flew around a while at about 20m then tested RTH (set at 50m). Drone climbed to 30m then DJI Go 4 told me: Warning: Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary. The drone came home at 30m not the 50m required. Good thing that it was only a test because 30m would not have cleared all obstacles had I flown to other areas of my location.

I had no idea how to fix the problem. There were no obvious faults in the aircraft settings. Turns out that when I changed battery (forcing an aircraft reboot), the problem disappeared. Kept on flying for a further 3 batteries with no problem. Changed to 4th battery and the height restriction reappeared after takeoff. So I landed, rebooted the aircraft and it fixed the problem immediately.

Hope this helps any newbies to DJI. Good drones but sometimes has confusing "features" in the firm/software. Can make even an experienced pilot look like a rookie.

Any comments on user incompetence welcome.

close the app when changing batteries , solves this new problem with the new firmware
just took mine out after update exact same issue and yes like he says close out app .I also restart controller .today flew well over a mile away(2000m) and for some reason my bird flew past the set altitude limit of 500 like a breeze at my asking .got her to +600m and panicked before bringing here back

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20