Warning: Home Lock is SLOW

max

Reaction score
Something I've observed is that Home Lock is slow! 12 MPH slow. Slowest way to fly, including RTH. So if you are out a distance and want to come home quickly and easily, you might be inclined to flip it into HL and pull down on the stick. Be warned this will be the slowest way to get home!

What I see for speeds is:
GPS: ~25 MPH
Atti: ~35 MPH
CL: ~25 MPH
HL: ~12 MPH
RTH: ~25 MPH

I wonder why they made HL so slow. I can see the reduced descending speed to avoid the vortex effect, but all max horizontal flight speed should be ~35 MPH in order to be most useful... or at least be a setting option.

max said:
Something I've observed is that Home Lock is slow! 12 MPH slow. Slowest way to fly, including RTH. So if you are out a distance and want to come home quickly and easily, you might be inclined to flip it into HL and pull down on the stick. Be warned this will be the slowest way to get home!

That's not correct. You're wrong. Impossible! Total speculation.

As you know I'm only kidding. Btw, now that I think about it, failsafe in Naza Mode is not that fast either.

flyNfrank said:

As you know I'm only kidding. Btw, now that I think about it, failsafe in Naza Mode is not that fast either.

Haha made me laugh there Frank.

max said:
flyNfrank said:

Haha made me laugh there Frank.

I bet you started to heat up a little before laughing though. :lol:

flyNfrank said:
max said:

So failsafe in naza (S1 down) is not the same as RTH? Or am I reading too much into this comment, and you are just saying that 25 mph is not very fast?

BlackTracer said:
So failsafe in naza (S1 down) is not the same as RTH? Or am I reading too much into this comment, and you are just saying that 25 mph is not very fast?
They are the same. Or I guess you could say selecting failsafe with the S1 switch will initiate RTH mode.

max said:
BlackTracer said:
They are the same. Or I guess you could say selecting failsafe with the S1 switch will initiate RTH mode.
I know that, I was just questioning Frank's comment.

BlackTracer said:
max said:
BlackTracer said:
I know that, I was just questioning Frank's comment.
You asked a question, so I answered it. But yes, I am also confused by his comment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20