"Warning: [GPS]data exception (In Flight) (Using)"

Reaction score
During my last flight with P4, I saw few times on the DJI Go app the message "Warning: [GPS]data exception (In Flight) (Using)".
First time I came across such warning. Anybody knows what that is?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464009887.037616.jpg

I am not certain but think I read it was either something in sports mode, or indoors and prop tilts or something. I would check the forums, but think it was more outdoors, in the sports mode, and too forward tilt of the rotors.

I got this yesterday, I was in sports mode using Litchi to fly to a spot for a Pano. After I took it out of Sports mode I did not get the message again.

Warning:[GPS]data exception (In Flight) (Using)

From "DJI-BladeStrike"
"All -

This happens mostly in sports mode. This is due to the angle of the attack of the quad. You see you still have a high number but those are a mix of GPS and GLONASS systems. I wouldn't worry to much since one you slow down or decrease the angle of attack you will regain lock immediately. "

I am not certain but think I read it was either something in sports mode, or indoors and prop tilts or something. I would check the forums, but think it was more outdoors, in the sports mode, and too forward tilt of the rotors.
I think this is right concerning sports mode....I've had it happen a couple of times, both times when flying fast forward...presumably the GPS receiver is tilted too much to gain accurate info.

Reactions: KykPhantom
I had it a couple of times too... again in Sport Mode

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik