warning about DJI GO after updates

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I tried to fly my P3 yesterday for the first time in a few months but wasn't able to launch DJI GO, which had been updated (apparently just after the previous use). It turns out that, after doing an update, you need web access before the software can be used. In my opinion, this is a VERY bad idea for something that is designed for use in the field. Many users take their drones to remote areas for unique experiences to capture stunning footage. They will be out of luck if they do an update before such a trip and don't realize that they need to connect to the web before they will be able to use their drone.

I tried to fly my P3 yesterday for the first time in a few months but wasn't able to launch DJI GO, which had been updated (apparently just after the previous use). It turns out that, after doing an update, you need web access before the software can be used. In my opinion, this is a VERY bad idea for something that is designed for use in the field. Many users take their drones to remote areas for unique experiences to capture stunning footage. They will be out of luck if they do an update before such a trip and don't realize that they need to connect to the web before they will be able to use their drone.

That makes no sence. 90 percent of my flights are out in the boonies with no web access.

My advice is to turn off all and every option to update, wether it be an app or firmware, im lucky ive not been caught out in tis situation as I tend to check my quad at home before taking it out into the field and flying. But yes I understand it can be a pain when it happens.

My advice is to turn off all and every option to update, wether it be an app or firmware, im lucky ive not been caught out in tis situation as I tend to check my quad at home before taking it out into the field and flying. But yes I understand it can be a pain when it happens.
How do you turn off this option? I experienced the login problem for the first time yesterday. I took care of it, but the problem occurred again today. I thought it was a one time thing after every update.

This has been a known factor for last few updates of Go ..... update and log in ...

Nigel

How do you turn off this option? I experienced the login problem for the first time yesterday. I took care of it, but the problem occurred again today. I thought it was a one time thing after every update.

Im talking about turning off app updates in Android and IOS, in Android you use the playstore and in IOS you go into settings.I mention it in this video here, this stops unexpected app updates that can occur

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This has been a known factor for last few updates of Go ..... update and log in ...

Nigel
I did exactly that and then was able to fly the drone. However, it still required me to log in the next time I tried to use the drone. So logging in only temporarily fixed the problem in this case. Let's say I had been about to depart for a trip of a lifetime to a get footage in a gorgeous cloud forest in a remote part of the Andes (one of the places that I know from experience is difficult to reach). The day before the trip, I check to make sure everything is ready. I find this login requirement but take care of it. I spend the next day catching flights to Houston and Lima. Then I take a flight to Cusco. Finally I meet up with an expedition that travels over the Andes and then down into the cloud forest on the other side. I pull out my P3 but I can't use it because the software once again requires a login. Such nonsense should not happen! It has indeed been a known factor, but I have extensive experience with the P3, and this is a new problem.

I did exactly that and then was able to fly the drone. However, it still required me to log in the next time I tried to use the drone. So logging in only temporarily fixed the problem in this case.
In my case, Iv'e only had to log in once. Since that time there have been several app updates and I have never seen the log in request again. In any event, if you have flown before the scenario you described, the simple process of turning off Wi-Fi will solve the login issue for any such trip.

In my case, Iv'e only had to log in once. Since that time there have been several app updates and I have never seen the log in request again. In any event, if you have flown before the scenario you described, the simple process of turning off Wi-Fi will solve the login issue for any such trip.
Thanks for the input. After getting this sorted out, I'm going to put a freeze on all updates and use this iPad only for flying the P3. I feel very fortunate that this problem didn't arise at the worst possible time.

After updating APP or FW ... I always do a 'home run' on the bench to make sure all connects etc.

Having noted long time back that some GO updates put user settings back to default - I always check GO after update to make sure I still have my preferred settings. This would highlight any login needed ...

Nigel

Reactions: TrevorTron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.