Warming up time before no jerk video?

I have such a great birdy. :cool:

Chilled it down, brought it back in and did a cold IMU. Skipped the gimbal calibration for now. About 45 minutes later when the bird warmed back up to room temperature I went back out into the cold. Connected right away without warm up delay. Gimbal is as level as it's always been- perfect. Very nice night flight. I'm in for some demanding filming this winter here and the warm up delay had to be dealt with. Seems it has! Solid-as-a-rock. Yep, I got a good one!

This thread has become so TASTY :)

Btw I did the opposite test after the cold imu calibration too, leaving the phantom out to get very cold for ten minutes in the cold night air. Turned it on, no warm up needed. So, the cold imu does eliminate warm up delays, happy to say.

Obviously IMU has no relation with video downlink, but it seems that DJI has some firmware glitch that, when MC unit is hard working on the IMU noise&drift compensation, apparently, can create unresponsive video management. In this case it seems IMU calibration does a good cleaning job.

Btw I did the opposite test after the cold imu calibration too, leaving the phantom out to get very cold for ten minutes in the cold night air. Turned it on, no warm up needed. So, the cold imu does eliminate warm up delays, happy to say.
Great news, enjoy the season and get some great video:):)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj