Warm weather

S

sandman259

So how hot is too hot to be flying our bird? Weather wish....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So how hot is too hot to be flying our bird? Weather wish....

The bird and batteries do have listed operating temp limits, but my experience is that its your mobile device that limits hot weather flying more than the Phantom itself. Some underpowered mobile devices are prone to overheating causing severe FPV lag and even shut downs. There were dozens of threads about it last year during the US summer months. I expect we'll see dozens more this summer.

Ok cool. I was just wondering cause the warm weather is approaching and when it's 100 out and blue sky I don't want to be stuck inside

I was told by a technician one shouldn't fly over 40C or 104F.

Yes all P3 equipment have been rated to work unto 104F or 40C

I'll be interested to see if the new app, which claims to reduce power consumption on the device, will help reduce the number of device overheats.

Reactions: Oso
Just flew at 104. Flight was fine until about 18 minutes in. Got bad flicker and then the image was green on screen, but not sure if that was my iPad Air or the P4. Other thing is my range was seriously screwy would get low signal alert or disconnect only a few hundred feet away. I think I'll stick to flying in the mornin and evenings here in the Arizona summer :)

Just flew at 104. Flight was fine until about 18 minutes in. Got bad flicker and then the image was green on screen, but not sure if that was my iPad Air or the P4. Other thing is my range was seriously screwy would get low signal alert or disconnect only a few hundred feet away. I think I'll stick to flying in the mornin and evenings here in the Arizona summer :)
That's funny that u posted this. I was thinking of posting something about flying in Arizona. I'll be going from New Jersey to Arizona next month don't know how long for yet, but I was going to ask how much heat u can fly in. Can u recommend any good spots to fly. I have never been there before..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's funny that u posted this. I was thinking of posting something about flying in Arizona. I'll be going from New Jersey to Arizona next month don't know how long for yet, but I was going to ask how much heat u can fly in. Can u recommend any good spots to fly. I have never been there before..

I JUST got my P4 a week ago :). We have a lot of beautiful scenery though. Where are you staying? The Grand Canyon, Sedina, Flagstaff, or any of our dozens of mountains and preserves make good spots.

I JUST got my P4 a week ago :). We have a lot of beautiful scenery though. Where are you staying? The Grand Canyon, Sedina, Flagstaff, or any of our dozens of mountains and preserves make good spots.
I will be working out there, probably for a couple months. I will be in sun city west AZ, were ever that is. Like I said I have never been there, any suggestions???

I will be working out there, probably for a couple months. I will be in sun city west AZ, were ever that is. Like I said I have never been there, any suggestions???

I'm in NJ we should fly some time together

It has cooled off here, down to 105° from 106° earlier, so it will be too cold to test by the time I get home tonight.

Forecast is for 114° tomorrow, so I will give it a test and let you know!

upload_2016-6-3_16-54-33.png

Reactions: Ridebonfire
My friend and I will be in Salton Sea area on Friday. Predicted 115 high. But we intend to be up pre-dawn.
Can you suggest an area to check out for still photos?

Salton Sea on Wedesday, flying at 103°F with no issues.
Beautiful video. Excellent quality.
Have you adjusted your controller setting for smoother panning? If so, what settings?
I do more stills than video. Still working on how to get smoother movements.

Thanks for the update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl