WANTED : Longer distance..

Reaction score
HELP, I am losing signal at a very short distance and video is choppy sometimes.. I see other posts where people are talking about 2 different mods... What are the Pros and Cons on them and how hard are they to install?.. Any feedback would be appreciated..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I upgraded using the Argtek and so far am happy with it . It took less than a week to get it when ordering on eBay from the states and wasn't that bad to install. It took me about 20-30 minutes to install it . I am not endorsing any certain modification but just responding to your comment with what helped me . It may not help you at all .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jointeffort
I upgraded using the Argtek and so far am happy with it . It took less than a week to get it when ordering on eBay from the states and wasn't that bad to install. It took me about 20-30 minutes to install it . I am not endorsing any certain modification but just responding to your comment with what helped me . It may not help you at all .

What kind of improvement did yousee? And in what kind of environment?

Reactions: jointeffort
No it's not residential.. I have flown it at least 10 times in the last week and the same thing. Luckily it returned home. That is why I am asking about MODS...

JT, I can honestly say I am not sure if I am pointing them at the Craft.. But, I will definitely give that try next time I can get up in the air.. I know that the specs say that 1000 meters is the max distance it will go... But, I would really like to take it out farther and not lose it... I would like to install one of the mods I keep reading about... What are your thoughts on them and how easy are they to install?

There not hard and are posted in several threads how to do them Mity .
Lots are like you and lots are getting over a mile with no issues stock .
I am seeing a lot of this posted
image.jpeg Connecters not on correctly . Check them . Ya never know
As far as the mods ..how much ya want to spend ...how far ya want to go .
I see 2 under 100 bucks that I haven't been impressed with the results posted so far.
Then you have the DBS panel and the FPVLR set-up .
The install in the TX is pretty much the same on all of them .

Dirkclod your like a heat seeking hammer always nailing it :)

Reactions: dirkclod
JT, I can honestly say I am not sure if I am pointing them at the Craft.. But, I will definitely give that try next time I can get up in the air.. I know that the specs say that 1000 meters is the max distance it will go... But, I would really like to take it out farther and not lose it... I would like to install one of the mods I keep reading about... What are your thoughts on them and how easy are they to install?

I disagree with Dirk. The DBS panel mod is very high quality and amazing for the price. You'll notice an immediate change in range and signal.

For a $100 I was impressed. I also left my stock antenna wires to return to stock if anything happened. Since then I've ripped them out because I'm never going back.

What's bad? I struggle to get past 140m at my farm. I contacted DJi and they said just reset remote and reconnect. Have noticed it to get much better. Thinking of trying to return it or will I see an improvement with the DBS type mod?

get the ARGtek mod or make or buy a windsuffer then you sorted after that

argtek cost between $55-80
windsuffer cost between $6-12

you can check the forum many guys are using it and you can see there is only positive feedback .

Stephen I think dirk is saying the dbsmod panel and fpvlr are the best ones to get!
I was but wasn't going to leave out the other 2 that are being tried right now . I didn't mean to sound like they are no good but just from what I have seen posted They haven't impressed me . I have tried all the stuff with my other before I did hit my sweet spot and that is the DBS and FPVLR
on the bird .Am redoing Mia the same way now and have moved the extender to the back so I can use the same bracket like on Dixie
Looks like this IMG_2351.JPG ..I would check that cable first like in that picture .
And do try a windsuffer like Nabzo suggested as I was writing this .
I have used them way back when we started making them from Coke cans and even used the one their making now on Dixie
just to see what I would get before I did mod mine .
What works in one place might not work well in another . It didn't do nothing but waste my time Where I am at .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav