Wanted: damaged or broken P3 camera

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I would like to purchase a broken but still whole P3 camera. I want to practice operating on a junked one before I attempt surgery on a good one. I'm not sure whether there is a market for them but I would be willing to pay $50 plus shipping.

Please email me directly at dsprogis<at>gmail.com.

Thanks,
Dave

Any interest in this? P3A

1.jpg

2.jpg
JD

The reason I was interested in opening the camera was to modify it to an IR camera. I had planned to take the hot mirror out and replace it with an IR filter to block visible light. My goal was to create a thermal IR camera. Unfortunately, I learned that it's not so easy. Apparently, IR is a wide band and consumer cameras can only see into "near IR" which is not useful for heat signatures. I am now looking into attaching a FLIR camera which can see deeper into the IR spectrum. (Too bad, it would have been very convenient to convert the existing camera!)

Curious to hear if you found a reasonably priced FLIR camera. I'm looking too, for inspection of solar panels.
The FLIR cams out there are not affordable, as you probably found!
Thanks!
John

Hi John,
No, I did not but I expect them to come out with a vengeance over the next year or two with the increased use of drones for AgTech, surveillance and industrial applications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers