Want Your Quad Fixed

Reaction score
I saw this on the inspire1 website around 4 days ago. This video ends up being what it took for dji to put out a fix right away. This is what the Vision + pilots need to do so that dji will take care of their ESC issue on the vPlus.

I noticed this video is shaky but you get the idea. Btw, this video was also just shown on the TV show Entertainment Tonight, saying how the guy was excited to try out his new $3000 drone.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQQcBWV6Vs[/youtube]

:?
Wow, wasn't expecting that! Sheeesh, it hit hard.

Why would someone do this?

I can see how crashing it may make dji replace the esc under warranty but I just couldn't do that

A little duct tape will fix that.

general01 said:

I can see how crashing it may make dji replace the esc under warranty but I just couldn't do that

I don't think the intention was to crash their brand new $3000 drone - but simply to film its maiden flight.

The fact that they happened to catch this on video was what led DJI to act so quickly.

Nice dent in the metal garage door too.

After reading this forum, I immediately purchased a headband for my Sony Action Cam to film every one of my flights now.

Good thing a child wasn't standing there on the sidewalk watching.

Not his maiden flight:

Quote from Video Description: "Published on Jan 12, 2015
Last couple of flights not stable on auto take off - shimming and drifting. wanted to record if it drifted to send to dji to get settings changed or trouble shoot the issues as it crashed earlier in the am - but was fine 2 times after just a lot of shimming and bobbing in the desert in the open or in the subdivision of the house i was trying to film - we went out and checked everything recalibrated the compass again even though we hadn't moved - and this happened with no operator input just in auto take off mode

To all the people who say I can't fly wrong I have dozens and dozens of flights -started with a phantom vision upgraded to a Guai 840h ground station you name it - i wanted to use the auto take off feature and learn the camera settings and do a house fly by for real estate the earlier auto take off had issues and the earlier flight the craft was drifting badly - the day before did 4 flights perfectly - the unit was calibrated and triple checked - hit the auto take off button and that's what you see.

Maybe if you know anyone at DJI they could email me or call me to offer advice or have me send it in for a test? THIS WAS NOT OPERATOR ERROR - IF IT WAS I WOULD JUST GO BUY ANOTHER ONE! AND AVOID THE HUMILIATION
So post here if you are also having any issues or fixes.
I love my DJI Products and want to keep flying."

I posted to show how quick dji got involved with getting a fix in place for the inspire1, where we on the other hand get little to nothing. We have video on tap from where Dirty Birds Vision took off in almost the exact same situation. Never heard anything from dji after his similar crash.

Fplvert said:
:?
Wow, wasn't expecting that! Sheeesh, it hit hard.

my phantom version 1 did the same thing. luckily i quickly regained control and averted disaster.

this seems to be in the bloodline of DJI products .. hopefully they will do right by the owner and send or repair his unit free of charge...

knowonecares said:
Not his maiden flight:

Quote from Video Description: "Published on Jan 12, 2015
Last couple of flights not stable on auto take off - shimming and drifting. wanted to record if it drifted to send to dji to get settings changed or trouble shoot the issues as it crashed earlier in the am - but was fine 2 times after just a lot of shimming and bobbing in the desert in the open or in the subdivision of the house i was trying to film - we went out and checked everything recalibrated the compass again even though we hadn't moved - and this happened with no operator input just in auto take off mode

To all the people who say I can't fly wrong I have dozens and dozens of flights -started with a phantom vision upgraded to a Guai 840h ground station you name it - i wanted to use the auto take off feature and learn the camera settings and do a house fly by for real estate the earlier auto take off had issues and the earlier flight the craft was drifting badly - the day before did 4 flights perfectly - the unit was calibrated and triple checked - hit the auto take off button and that's what you see.

Maybe if you know anyone at DJI they could email me or call me to offer advice or have me send it in for a test? THIS WAS NOT OPERATOR ERROR - IF IT WAS I WOULD JUST GO BUY ANOTHER ONE! AND AVOID THE HUMILIATION
So post here if you are also having any issues or fixes.
I love my DJI Products and want to keep flying."

I was just getting ready to post this

Glad to know I haven't got one yet plus I wouldn't trust the auto take off(I don't really trust the return to home feature much either)
Something tells me dji would rather side with the pro crowd over us hobbiest anyday(just my 2 cents)

GoodnNuff said:
general01 said:

I don't think the intention was to crash their brand new $3000 drone - but simply to film its maiden flight.

The fact that they happened to catch this on video was what led DJI to act so quickly.

Nice dent in the metal garage door too.

It's a auto take off failure(didn't see till I pulled it up in the YouTube app on my phone)

That feeling can be translated to that of loosing $25,000 in Vegas on 1 hand....
Or having your wife walk in on you having an affair ...
Or you walking in on your wife having an affair...

Or your $3000 Brand new Drone crashing after 10 seconds...... gulp
!

moose

Dude! You can easily get a new cheating wife but those Inspire 1's are a lot of fun. Very expensive to replace too!

Moose said:
That feeling can be translated to that of loosing $25,000 in Vegas on 1 hand....
Or having your wife walk in on you having an affair ...
Or you walking in on your wife having an affair...

Or your $3000 Brand new Drone crashing after 10 seconds...... gulp
!

moose
I don't know if I would be more upset, catching wife or flushing 3K :D she did not look too happy, kinda like " I told you that it was a waste of money" :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj