Wandering gimbal

Reaction score
On my P3P, I've noticed a phenomenon where the gimbal will start wandering to the left or right a bit. I've even witnessed it when its sitting in the ground landed, however it's most annoying when i'm flying. Flying straight ahead and gimbal starts turning the perspective of the camera slightly.

Any thoughts? Never had to do gimbal calibration. I do occasionally get slight horizon tilt so a calibration wouldn't hurt but is this a problem that is known to be fixed by a gimbal calibration?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Josh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've noticed a similar thing when it's sat on the ground, but never whilst flying. I would do a gimbal calibration and see where it gets you...not sure if it has anything to do with it but try calibrate the compass too? If the drone things it's yaw is changing slightly it might be trying to compensate[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Techcop50
I've noticed a similar thing when it's sat on the ground, but never whilst flying. I would do a gimbal calibration and see where it gets you...not sure if it has anything to do with it but try calibrate the compass too? If the drone things it's yaw is changing slightly it might be trying to compensate[emoji106]

+1

Reactions: Techcop50
Thanks I'll give calibration a try. Been a little nervous to do gimbal calibration but I'll go for it.

Still haven't done the calibration but thought it was worth mentioning that the last time I flew it, I was able to observe while flying it that I could take my fingers of the RC sticks and it would wonder to the right very gradually. Of course, it's hard to know if the gimbal is wondering or the entire bird due to the compass, I suppose.

I also observed that as I attempted to fly in a straight line, it would, again, slowly wander right.

Josh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie