Walkera plastic gimbal

Reaction score
Good morning I want to buy the plastic gimbal of walkera for my fc40 is it good or the Chinese is better;;;how about the weight of the Chinese and the walkers

My cheap Chinese is cheap Chinese.

I'm looking for something better, lighter, more crash resistant :eek:

I have the metal Walkers, weighs 120g.
Total Phantom weight with std battery and GoPro 3+ black is 1000g.
Flight time 7-8 min, no banging it.
Three curb crashes with no damage but one prop end.
Great gimbal, smooth, no jello.

I also have the metal 2D version and it works fine. I expect the plastic version to work similar and save a few grams of weight.

Regards, Gerd

Just an FYI. I ordered the Walkera 2D Plastic from BangGood.com. Great price but...3 weeks after ordering it mine is still sitting at a dock somewhere in China waiting to start the next leg. If you want it quickly spend the extra $$$ and buy locally.

lakislambrianides said:
Hi can i have a link to order a gimbal for phantom fc 40??thnks

In case you wanted to know about the CheapChineseGimbal:

Here's what I got for 62 greenbacks.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAY ... UTF8&psc=1

It weighs in at 199.5 without the 2 mounting screws.
It can be a pain in the *** to connect if you don't know this: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25901&hilit=+joy
I have crashed it into all kinds of stuff, many many times, and it still works just like new, most of the time.
Sometimes it doesn't want to "wake-up" properly after a crash. I just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes I need to remind it which direction it should be pointing, if that doesn't work I slap it around a bit... seriously, I give it a couple whacks in the butt.

The gimbal also has a really nice pitch control feature that isn't mentioned in the ad.

You may want to consider taller landing gear, or a special take off pad. There is only about 1/8" below my gimbal, when I'm on a perfectly flat and level surface.

Wanna know more, you might want to pm me to make sure I notice your question.

:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj