Walkera G-2D Gimbal and GoPro Hero3 air test

Reaction score
Took first test flight today with the Walkera G-2D, as well as GoPro Hero3 and dual outboard batteries. Lot of weight on the Phantom, no doubt!
Also wanted to test if there would be any interference using the WiFi on the GoPro. Was able to control it from my iPhone, and while there's FPV, there is a slight delay between real time and what the GoPro app is showing.
I intentionally "shook" the FC40 around in the air with the controls and the video results are very stable. The footage is not edited and I did not use the YouTube app that reduces shaky video. There was no sign whatsoever of "jello effect"
I am very pleased with how this is working so far.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFU2YTmhWo[/youtube]

Very good.

I look forward to getting my walker gimbal, its in transit.

PortPilot said:
Took first test flight today with the Walkera G-2D, as well as GoPro Hero3 and dual outboard batteries. Lot of weight on the Phantom, no doubt!
Also wanted to test if there would be any interference using the WiFi on the GoPro. Was able to control it from my iPhone, and while there's FPV, there is a slight delay between real time and what the GoPro app is showing.
I intentionally "shook" the FC40 around in the air with the controls and the video results are very stable. The footage is not edited and I did not use the YouTube app that reduces shaky video. There was no sign whatsoever of "jello effect"
I am very pleased with how this is working so far.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFU2YTmhWo[/youtube]

Mind posting a photo of your dual outboard battery setup? I have a FC40 with G2D as well and know at some point I'm going to want more flight time.

cadre_78 said:
Mind posting a photo of your dual outboard battery setup? I have a FC40 with G2D as well and know at some point I'm going to want more flight time.

Sure...

Attachments

• dualbatt2.jpg
    dualbatt2.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 683
  • dualbatt1.jpg
    dualbatt1.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 687
I am in the process of wiring mine up now. I just need to do a couple more things while I am in there. I will be posting a test flight of the FC40 with the Walkera G-2d gimbal also, but mine will be running on 1 battery. I wonder what type of flight time I can expect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl