Walkera G-2d and FC40

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have searched high and low on this site and many others but cant find a solution to my issue. I have a FC40 and a walkera G-2D with a GoPro3. I have connected power to the gimbal and it works great, however when I connect any combination of wires from the F2 port to the gimbal, the camera aims straight up and buzzes (so I pull power instantly). I have my remote set up for a gimbal, but I think either I'm missing something or I have the wrong combinations of wires/settings on my FC40. Any help would be appreciated, and if this post is answered somewhere else, PLEASE point me to that post.
Thanks again everyone - happy flying!
-Steve-

Calibrate your gimbal channel endpoints in the assistant software. It requires taking the back off the transmitter. Mine did the same thing.

I calibrated mine in the Naza assistant .. changed from -1000 , 0 ,+1000 to -220 , -100 ,50 ..that limits the gimbal from forward to down .

Mandrake is also correct, I had to change limits as well. Calibrate, change limits to low numbers then increase as necessary to get desired travel. Start with gimbal off.

Well it started working just fine, then it stopped again for no reason. Is the Walkera G-2D even worth the trouble? Maybe I should just return it for something better?
I was able to stop it from facing straight up, but now it seems to want to tilt to one side no matter what I do. unplugging the cymbal controller from the gimbal and adjusting the pan/tilt manually works only when I have a screwdriver on the control knobs. Once I take the screw driver out, it wants to tilt again. ARGH!!!

I have two months with the Walkera gimbal, easy to mount, works very well, survived two crashes with no damage and stabilizes my Hero 3+ Black perfectly.

Great and light gimbal. Works well with th FC 40 with a lot of balancing and weights.

I installed a potentiometer on my controll for 180 degree tilt. You have to calibrate and also adjust the V 1 pot on the gimbal. Smooth!

I have a gopro 3 white edition, I shouldn't need balancing. I'm contacting the seller as I honestly think there's something wrong with it. When I push in the adjustment screw on the controller board it levels out perfectly and works like a champ, however when I remove the screwdriver it starts to tilt forcefully again.

Are you actually going into the PAM mode to make your adjustments based on the red/ylw/grn lights as the insructions say to do? Or are you just turning the screws trying to make it stay still/not vibrate?

There are 3 modes, 3 LED colors and 2 trimpots. It's essential you read the instructions to do the initial callibration properly.

So I received a new gimbal (same brand) and it works like a champ. However, now I can't adjust the pitch by using the pitch controller on the remote. Again, help please?

2014fc40 said:
Are you actually going into the PAM mode to make your adjustments based on the red/ylw/grn lights as the insructions say to do? Or are you just turning the screws trying to make it stay still/not vibrate?

There are 3 modes, 3 LED colors and 2 trimpots. It's essential you read the instructions to do the initial callibration properly.

My first G-2D did the same as yours. I ordered and installed a new controller board and works fine with the exception of only getting 60 degrees of tilt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers