Waiting update to Icarus SW to work with FW 1.8.10

Reaction score
Just updated to FW 1.8.10 on my P3S .... and then to re-implement Icarus Power modification ....

I noted that AC modification went through OK with 27dbm .... but RC was refused by FW. I also notice that TELNET is greyed out and cannot be activated.

So now I have contacted Icasoft to see if they update their excellent SW to cover this.

If anyone has updated 1.8.10 with Icraus ... please let me know ...
Nigel

Yes I should have updated the thread ... it works fine ...

Nigel

Absolutely .... yes

Nigel

Hi all,

Does this app also works with the newest version of the DJI GO app? Thanks!

It doesn't care what app you have .... it modifies the power output of the RC and AC WiFi 2.4Ghz signals.

Nigel

Thanks for the answer! I might get this app :) Right now I can fly up to 200 meters before I get a bit of glitching in the video stream. This is in a pretty crowded area at 40 meters high tho, so probably in open field it's better.

It doesn't care what app you have .... it modifies the power output of the RC and AC WiFi 2.4Ghz signals.

Nigel
Nigel,
Just to confirm. Your saying Icarus increases the AC's output also? To what pwr? I would suspect at the AC is where the power increase will do the most good since most of the video & telmetry data is in the downlink.

Last edited:
Nigel,
Just to confirm. Your saying Icarus increases the AC's output also? To what pwr? I would suspect at the AC is where the power increase will do the most good since most of the video & telmetry data is in the downlink.
Modifies the 2.4ghz WiFi on both transmitter and aircraft. Has no effect on 5.8ghz.

Darren,
Any idea how much increase in tx power on the AC side with Icarus? I see in this thread that the controller increases to 27dbm from 16dbm. Where do I get Icarus? Did a search here and google and no luck.

I wonder if the P2V+ had its problems out of the box with the 2.4ghz AC radio because it is set to 27dbm new. It was said that the video & telemetry would fail and required the 2.4 radio to be replaced because the transmitter over heated. Anyone that still has a P2V+ MUST modify the 2.4ghz module for better heat sinking. There are many posts concerning this. I also own a P2V+ besides a P3S and did the modification to the P2V+ 2.4 AC's radio. Even added a micro miniature fan to it. I was able to get a replacement AC 2.4 module off Ebay because DJI doesn't stock them any longer. it needed the modification too .

Last edited:
I run 27 on both AC and RC and often fly more than one battery in a session. No problems at all.

Nigel

Darren,
Any idea how much increase in tx power on the AC side with Icarus? I see in this thread that the controller increases to 27dbm from 16dbm. Where do I get Icarus? Did a search here and google and no luck.
I run 27dbm for both Tx and A/C
It is adjustable.
I got just over 1500M with full video on the stock antenna before I chickened out and did an RTH.

Don't forget also that even though its an Android utility .... once the power is set by Icarus - you can change to Ipad or stay with android ... BOTH enjoying the increased power.

The android of course would be needed again if you wish to change or revert power levels only.

Nigel

Omg... I only just seen this. Can you make this a sticky thread. This is amazing. Will get it now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav