Waiting for the new firmware.......

Reaction score
It does seem to be taking DJI an inordinate amount of time to fix what should be a relatively easy bug to rectify (namely the limits distance feature not working properly).

I wonder if the delay is due to the fact that they are racking their brains to think of a new 'feature' they can introduce as an excuse for releasing a new version firmware and thus disguising the fact that it is a bug fix?

Just a thought..... :roll:

It's another of those problems which has to make you wonder if it's pilot error/disorientation/failure to read instructions. Don't you find it weird that DJI would release a function which simply doesn't work at all, ever, and also that only a few people actually have an issue with it...?

marcus_canada said:
It's another of those problems which has to make you wonder if it's pilot error/disorientation/failure to read instructions. Don't you find it weird that DJI would release a function which simply doesn't work at all, ever, and also that only a few people actually have an issue with it...?

Sorry, it's not a few people.... it's a LOT ! It has happened to me. I have 15 years experience in flying RC CP helicopters and know all about orientation ! :lol:

It's a bug that can be demonstrated and repeatable and has been documented by many via YouTube etc...

Take a look here (Go to 8:03 and watch when he flies straight) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_p306vyA8Q&list=PLAC1533A16F26F9F0&index=88

Or here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3icOejm62k
The last one is Richard who is a beta tester for DJI for the Zenmuse and also runs the UK Phantom User Forums!

Believe me this is not user error - It's a DJI firmware bug !

marcus_canada said:

The Version 4.0 is not even available for download any longer.

jimandsue60 said:
marcus_canada said:

Yes it is... I'm looking at it !! http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

The Editor said:
jimandsue60 said:
marcus_canada said:

Yes it is... I'm looking at it !! http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

When I click on your link I can see the 4.0 firmware but the link is removed. Maybe it is still available where you are but in the states there is no link to click on.

443230_orig.png

FFS, look at the picture you posted and READ IT.

See the bit under the Naza assistant 2.18? See where it says "Download the firmware via assistant software"? Well, that's what you have to do. DJI have never put links up directly to the firmware. It's always been downloaded and updated via the assistant software.

rilot said:
FFS, look at the picture you posted and READ IT.

See the bit under the Naza assistant 2.18? See where it says "Download the firmware via assistant software"? Well, that's what you have to do. DJI have never put links up directly to the firmware. It's always been downloaded and updated via the assistant software.

Lol that is too funny.

There is a bug clearly in the radius setting but other then that the firmware works great, the altitude limit is working fine though the same bug may be evident if in a thermal but highly unlikely and very hard to test for.

Simple options people have are to either update and keep limits at default where you will not be reaching them and if you do at 2000m then you would surely be able to also get it back even with the bug if you intend to fly to those lengths youd want to be able to use rth or manual mode. The other option you can have is not update as its not needed, the old if it aint broke dont fix it applies here.

If things are going fine as they are just keep it that way, if you want to try the new firmware at least the good thing is you are aware of this possible bug as others have identified it. Its not hard to avoid so it really isnt a big issue if you simply dont use that feature.

If you cant find the download link and post a pic showing you exactly how to do so here then thats just priceless :lol: :lol:

I could swear that I downloaded V 3.16 from clicking on link. Thanks for correcting me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj