VR goggles vs FPV

Reaction score
What's the difference.....or isn't there any? Are there any that are just a single wide screen or are they all 2 screens for each eye?

Reason I ask, I was born with a lazy eye which was never really corrected properly, those who have this will know you really need to correct it before you turn 8years old otherwise your brain will disregard the signal from the weaker (turned) eye so you end up just looking out of one dominant eye, this is what happened to me and I see 90% with my left eye, if you cover that then I don't see a great deal with my right, I'm not blind but I can't focus or make a great deal out.

My question, if I bought some goggles I'd want a full wide screen as having 2 screens does not work with me, my right eye would not see the screen, everything happens on the left, hope this makes sense.

I've had my eye corrected 10 years ago but that was just a cosmetic thing, it's too late now to get sight back

I feel your pain. I have Amblyopia (commonly known as lazy eye) but was fortunate enough to have it mostly corrected as a young-in. That dang patch (and how I hated that patch) did a great job in helping. I still have it to a slight degree but not nearly like I did as a youth.

I use MyBud FPV "glasses" and absolutely LOVE them. They are the only ones I've owned so I can't really give a comparison but they use both eyes and the effect is WOW!!

I hated the patch, whenever the teacher at school or parents weren't watching I'd either have my glasses on the tip of my nose and look over the top or on my forehead and be looking underneath, as a youngster I didn't realise the harm it was going to create in adulthood, now I suffer poor depth perception and can't catch to save my life, can't park right up to the garage door and can't judge how far the tip of the pool cue is away from the cue ball, delicate shots are a nightmare lol!

Reactions: BigAl07
OK so I'm thinking this, a friend has some redundant VR goggles he said I could try and if I like I could have them, I have amongst others a tesco hudl2 8" tablet which has an micro hdmi out port, am I right in thinking I could connect my phone via its micro USB port to the tablet with a short micro hdmi to micro USB lead, leave the tablet on while in the RC and use the goggles, this is until I get the hdmi module cheaper than what they are now

It's worth a try.

But the HDMI Module is going for as little as $39 in many places where many of us paid $99 for it just a few months back.

Micro center had them for $39. That's when I picked one up :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure if you have looked, but there were a few flyers that picked extras up from MicroCenter when they were on sale and posted them here in the classifieds.

I,just went to my MicroCenter and they didn't have any more, sorry :-(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl