VR goggles for iPhone 6+

Reaction score
Since technology is ever changing, I'd like to ask about the best VR goggles for an iphone 6+ for use with the p3p at the moment. i have read about several models and am feeling a bit overwhelmed about what features/specs are most important. detailed opinions are appreciated. thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try the Zeiss VR One... not sure if it is compatible with DJI Go, however. Around $100

Try the Zeiss VR One... not sure if it is compatible with DJI Go, however. Around $100
thanks for that insightful help these cant even hold a iphone 6+.

are there any informed people who can help with this question?

I have the Merge VR headset and downloaded the FPV camera P3 app on iTunes for FPV flying. I just discovered it so I'm new to it. It works with the iPhone 6S+ I have. It does not work with a case though or maybe it can but would require a supper slim case and forcing it in place. Only thing I don't like about the headset is it can be a pain to squeeZe the phone into the slot of the headset. They're made out of foam and are comfortable. They have buttons on top that allow it to work like google glass. And they have slots on the side to allow usb or lightning cable to plug in as well as headphones. I haven't had any fogging issues either. However I think that bc they are flexible the lenses that are adjustable can also be hard to adjust and stay in position. These are the only VR I've tried so I'm not sure how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the Merge VR headset and downloaded the FPV camera P3 app on iTunes for FPV flying. I just discovered it so I'm new to it. It works with the iPhone 6S+ I have. It does not work with a case though or maybe it can but would require a supper slim case and forcing it in place. Only thing I don't like about the headset is it can be a pain to squeeZe the phone into the slot of the headset. They're made out of foam and are comfortable. They have buttons on top that allow it to work like google glass. And they have slots on the side to allow usb or lightning cable to plug in as well as headphones. I haven't had any fogging issues either. However I think that bc they are flexible the lenses that are adjustable can also be hard to adjust and stay in position. These are the only VR I've tried so I'm not sure how it compares.

Thanks. I have heard similar things. Hard to put the phone in and lenses not staying put on the merge. The foam had me intrigued for weight and comfort. They do however have mostly good reviews. I just ordered Devine Viewer. It is new but has an unconditional return policy so I got them for comparison. I splurged for oculus rift VR glasses, $600, but ship date is July so........
I'll post how I like the devine's.
How is the experience while using for flying and how do you like the app itself?

Thanks. I have heard similar things. Hard to put the phone in and lenses not staying put on the merge. The foam had me intrigued for weight and comfort. They do however have mostly good reviews. I just ordered Devine Viewer. It is new but has an unconditional return policy so I got them for comparison. I splurged for oculus rift VR glasses, $600, but ship date is July so........
I'll post how I like the devine's.
How is the experience while using for flying and how do you like the app itself?

I was using the Zeiss VR One with an iPhone 6, until I changed phones to a 6+. I really liked the wide FOV of the VR One. It was a decent low cost solution, but doesn't work with the 6+.

Tried the Findbest goggles, but hated the FOV and returned them. I now have Freefly VR goggles, and like the clarity and FOV. They work ok with the 6+, but its a little tight. With the iPhone6+ you will have to tweak the image size of the VR app.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0127GIPPG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

None of the VR goggles work with DJI GO. I have used Cloudlight FPV (a few flights), and also FPV Camera (no flights yet). Hoping Litchi will have its FPV mode on iOS soon, as it has on Android.

My Zeiss VR One's will be up on Amazon soon (the only used pair available the last time I checked).

I was using the Zeiss VR One with an iPhone 6, until I changed phones to a 6+. I really liked the wide FOV of the VR One. It was a decent low cost solution, but doesn't work with the 6+.

Tried the Findbest goggles, but hated the FOV and returned them. I now have Freefly VR goggles, and like the clarity and FOV. They work ok with the 6+, but its a little tight. With the iPhone6+ you will have to tweak the image size of the VR app.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0127GIPPG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

None of the VR goggles work with DJI GO. I have used Cloudlight FPV (a few flights), and also FPV Camera (no flights yet). Hoping Litchi will have its FPV mode on iOS soon, as it has on Android.

My Zeiss VR One's will be up on Amazon soon (the only used pair available the last time I checked).
Hello

I just want to confirm based on your experience, the next questions as I just bought a P3P and I am very interested to buy VR goggles too.
1) Can you control the camera movements with your head movements, using Zeiss VR One and Freefly VR goggles?

2) Is the HDMI output module sold by DJI needed to connect the Freefly VR goggles to the P3P? What about Zeiss VR ones?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Regards

Hello

I just want to confirm based on your experience, the next questions as I just bought a P3P and I am very interested to buy VR goggles too.
1) Can you control the camera movements with your head movements, using Zeiss VR One and Freefly VR goggles?

2) Is the HDMI output module sold by DJI needed to connect the Freefly VR goggles to the P3P? What about Zeiss VR ones?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Regards

1) No, the VR Goggles only show the image as seen from the camera. Camera and flight path is still done from the controller.

2) No, the HDMI module is not required for either the Freefly or Zeiss VR goggles. You place your phone in the goggles and it is connected to the USB port on the controller.

You can use the VR goggle and the FPV Camera app. Yes in the settings you can make your head movement move the camera. You basically can look up (camera straight ahead) and down. I've only used it once for fun. I'm too scared to fly only with the goggles for fear of hitting something unless I'm up real high.

These ones have 120 Degree viewing angle, which is the highest I've seen:
BOBOVR Z4
can see theirs many iOS apps for vr flying with phantom drones, any recommendations?

Reactions: STAINLESS
Hi guys I have been using the Vr one goggles with my p3p. Download drone vr app and pay small subscription. Allows you to move camera up and down with your head and also has a few other features aswell, allows you to adjust your focus range in app to suit the wearer. Been pretty cool so far. Have the Zeiss cinemizer also but found the video feed and head tracker cables running to the control unit and then another cable from it to controller is very much a pain in the arse, you tend to get wrapped up in them very easily (not the best thing when trying to fly) also not a fan of the setback distance if the view when wearing them (40" screen at 2 mtr distance) doesn't really give you that up close fpv. Anyone else find this? Cheers

Hi guys I have been using the Vr one goggles with my p3p. Download drone vr app and pay small subscription. Allows you to move camera up and down with your head and also has a few other features aswell, allows you to adjust your focus range in app to suit the wearer. Been pretty cool so far. Have the Zeiss cinemizer also but found the video feed and head tracker cables running to the control unit and then another cable from it to controller is very much a pain in the arse, you tend to get wrapped up in them very easily (not the best thing when trying to fly) also not a fan of the setback distance if the view when wearing them (40" screen at 2 mtr distance) doesn't really give you that up close fpv. Anyone else find this? Cheers

Will the app work with the phantom standard?

There is one similar to the V1 called the 360fly or something. I'll go look it up but I was told it was decent. Somehow there isn't one as good as the VR1 or the Samsung Oculas.

I haven't actually used it but someone told me it's decent.

Also, you don't need it to be "compatible" unless you want true fpv. If you just want the immersion experience, instead of putting your phone on your RC, put it in the headset. You still need to see the maps, telemetry and everything else to fly. If you're using an inspire or if you've paid for an upgrade, you csn have a secondary output module with the hdmi but for flying by yourself, just put the phone in the headset, plain and simple.

***edit: oh I see, you guys want the move your head to control stuff. Ick. That would make me puke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested in getting a setup like this too. I tried out a "Samsung Gear VR" headset the other day at Best Buy, and it was pretty amazing with their video! I've held off buying something so far because like you, there seems to be lots of pros and cons. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a head mount box for your phone as it would seem there shouldn't be that much to it, but there are so many differences in lenses, adjustments, fit, etc... lol Was considering the VR Box, but have read not much nose room.

Since technology is ever changing, I'd like to ask about the best VR goggles for an iphone 6+ for use with the p3p at the moment. i have read about several models and am feeling a bit overwhelmed about what features/specs are most important. detailed opinions are appreciated. thanks in advance

You could try these...
GO - ImmersiON-VRelia | Virtual Reality
they look pretty cool and will hold the 6+

I have the Samsung VR and a Samsung phone as well as a 6S+and will be picking something up for the 6S+ and so far these look to be the ones i am leaning towards for the iPhone....

Look if you are just starting and not sure about what VR headset you want or if $$$$ are an issue just go to Walmart. they have several different models that are under $25 and you can return them or exchange if you don't like them.
There are some really high end ones but I would not jump into that just now....training is good and don't worry so much about field of view unless you want to watch movies etc. But I have found the cheap-o ones (Insten Universal VR Box) to be a good get acquainted purchase ($20). You can always give them to the kids or just toss them later.
PS: I am using it with an iPhone 6s Plus.

that time of the month?

These ones have 120 Degree viewing angle, which is the highest I've seen:
BOBOVR Z4
can see theirs many iOS apps for vr flying with phantom drones, any recommendations?

i have these. awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik