VR DJI app does not work with Phantom 3 Standard.

Reaction score
I saw in a few places where people have used a VR headset with the P3S. (You Tube) I loaded the DJI VR Drone app and the screen has a little lock at the top and settings at the bottom of the black screen. I tried settings and it showed me dual drawings of a drone. Thats it. There is no way to connect to the aircraft or controller. Has anyone had experience with the headsets on P3S?

I saw in a few places where people have used a VR headset with the P3S. (You Tube) I loaded the DJI VR Drone app and the screen has a little lock at the top and settings at the bottom of the black screen. I tried settings and it showed me dual drawings of a drone. Thats it. There is no way to connect to the aircraft or controller. Has anyone had experience with the headsets on P3S?
I would used Litchi, no issues (at least not many) with it.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
I am not sure if I want to try the Litchi app after reading about fly away's or erratic behavior after the download. But I may if that's the only way to make it work. What are the benefits of Litchi? Has anyone been successful with the DJI Go app with the VR app? I am curious what the issues were and how they were fixed.

I am not sure if I want to try the Litchi app after reading about fly away's or erratic behavior after the download. But I may if that's the only way to make it work. What are the benefits of Litchi? Has anyone been successful with the DJI Go app with the VR app? I am curious what the issues were and how they were fixed.
The majority of all the stories you hear about fly aways with that app are bogus. No more or less on the same flyways stories you read about the Go app. And because Litchi has autonomous Waypoint missions, it adds a whole new level of user error into the equation in planning that mission.

As for its benefits, I'll just name two. One of those is the VR mode which works perfectly. And the Waypoint mission, which is autonomous and it can be planned either from your device or on there website. The go app doesn't come anywhere near that functionality. It will fly the Waypoint Mission regardless of remote connectivity to the completion of the mission.

Reactions: p3s_noob
I am having a difficult time finding the free app for litchi for phantom 3 standard. don't see it in the play store.
It's not free, think it's $25. ?

I saw the one for $26 but I saw this link for a free one.
I guess I'll have to pay . I found the free one and now I can't find it again.

Last edited:
I just received an e-mail from Litchi and it say's to stop using their app until, they can make an update. So I went back to DJI GO. The litchi app worked for a few minutes then back to disconnect. I have done everything I have seen to correct it. I tried the VR with the head set and it locked up right after I got a image on the screen. This stuff is not easy to use. It's complicated and strange. It would be great to have a app that would not require so much adjustment and unhooking and correcting to make it work. It's a great concept and idea but why can't it work a little easier. I spent $25, then spent a couple hours trying to make it work. There are a lot of people on here with firmware problems. There are alot of people on here that are not flying because of the problems in this product.

Last edited:
Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

I just received an e-mail from Litchi and it say's to stop using their app until, they can make an update. So I went back to DJI GO. The litchi app worked for a few minutes then back to disconnect. I have done everything I have seen to correct it. I tried the VR with the head phones and it locked up right after I got a image on the screen. This stuff is not easy to use. It's complicated and strange. It would be great to have a app that would not require so much adjustment and unhooking and correcting to make it work. It's a great concept and idea but why can't it work a little easier. I spent $25, then spent a couple hours trying to make it work.
First on that email, all registered Litchi owner got the same message and it does NOT say to stop using their app. It's informing you of an issue with just the Inspire 2, Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro running certain FW versions when using a few different flight modes within Litchi. That's far from it telling you to stop using it. It sounds like the very same modes the P3S has issues with Litchi and that's well document on their site.

I just received an e-mail from Litchi and it say's to stop using their app until, they can make an update. So I went back to DJI GO. The litchi app worked for a few minutes then back to disconnect. I have done everything I have seen to correct it. I tried the VR with the head set and it locked up right after I got a image on the screen. This stuff is not easy to use. It's complicated and strange. It would be great to have a app that would not require so much adjustment and unhooking and correcting to make it work. It's a great concept and idea but why can't it work a little easier. I spent $25, then spent a couple hours trying to make it work. There are a lot of people on here with firmware problems. There are alot of people on here that are not flying because of the problems in this product.
Not sure way your saying "This stuff is not easy to use. It's complicated and strange" I find it very easy to use, pretty much intuitive. What seems to be the problem your having? Maybe myself or another member can walk you through it.

First on that email, all registered Litchi owner got the same message and it does NOT say to stop using their app. It's informing you of an issue with just the Inspire 2, Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro running certain FW versions when using a few different flight modes within Litchi. That's far from it telling you to stop using it. It sounds like the very same modes the P3S has issues with Litchi and that's well document on their site.

" If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update" I may have been wrong with the correct product of concern or the problem in question. but it doesn't make me comfortable using their apps that are having problems
Whatever. I may not understand all the jargon but I do know that I am having problems. I follow the instructions to the letter and it doesn't work.

( P3S has issues with Litchi and that's well document on their site.[/QUOTE] )

Last edited:
" If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update" I may have been wrong with the correct product of concern or the problem in question. but it doesn't make me comfortable using their apps that are having problems
Whatever. I may not understand all the jargon but I do know that I am having problems. I follow the instructions to the letter and it doesn't work.

( P3S has issues with Litchi and that's well document on their site.
Litchi is a very poplar app, highly regarded. I use it often with no issues at all, as do most. Reading something on the internet about people having an issue with a app is common place as the person having an issue (like yourself) either wants to just vent or is reaching out for help. But there are many others (the majority) that are happy customer that aren't posting about it working just fine. But I do understand being concern about the warning message from them making you feel unsure about using the app, especially if your new to it and having an issue with it working well for you already.

DJI themselves had a big issue with Android GO3 a month ago that they forced updates on all versions of GO on Android to version 3.1.3. Point is, there's always going to be issues at some point, especially when environments are not homogeneous.

Yes I am new, inexperienced and was venting. I shouldn't have posted here. I'll figure this out or throw it in the wood chipper. .
Again, if you post your issue, in detail. Someone might just have the answer. Often times when someone post about their issue it's to just vent, their not really wanting anyone's help. And sometimes when they are really wanting help, their too broad (lacking details) in describing the issue. Either your device is not up to the job, or your just doing something wrong. The forum community is here to help if asked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj